"These are not books, lumps of lifeless paper, but minds alive on the shelves. From each of them goes out its own voice...and just as the touch of a button on our set will fill the room with music, so by taking down one of these volumes and opening it, one can call into range the voice of a man far distant in time and space, and hear him speaking to us, mind to mind, heart to heart. "
- Gilbert Highet
- News from the Store: order your BC Day supplies now!
- Join Mankyi's Silent Bookclub this weekend
- BC Day Contest 2024: the winners!
- BC Day Contest 2024: Vote now!
- TECH TEAM - site outages & slow speeds