Help het milieu
by Reijnders, Lucas
Buy from one of these Booksellers:
Amazon Editorial Review
- Unique! A practical three-pronged approach to psychotherapeutic management includes: 1) the therapeutic nurse-patient relationship, 2) psychopharmacology, and 3) milieu management.
- Unique! Norm's Notes offer helpful tips from the lead author at the beginning of each chapter, making it easier to understand difficult topics.
- Unique! Putting It All Together summaries are provided at the end of each chapter.
- Patient and Family Education boxes highlight information that should be provided to patients and families.
- Family Issues boxes highlight the issues families must confront when a member suffers from mental illness.
- Nursing care plans emphasize assessment, planning, nursing diagnoses, implementation, and evaluation for specific disorders.
- Case studies depict psychiatric disorders and show the development of effective nursing care strategies.
- Clinical examples from the authors' own experiences illustrate concepts with real-life clinical situations.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter preview the important principles to follow.
- Study Notes summarize each chapter's important content.
- Critical thinking questions help you expand your clinical reasoning skills.
- Suicide and Other Self Destructive Behaviors chapter identifies risk factors associated with suicidality and various forms and characteristics of self-mutilation.
- War Related Psychiatric Disorders chapter describes the symptoms and treatment options for posttraumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury patients.
- New approach for Introduction to Milieu Management chapter recognizes the shift of the therapeutic environment from inpatient units to community settings, plus nurses' changing roles.
- New approach for Nutraceuticals and Mental Health chapter focuses on foods that provide health and medical benefits.
- Student resources on the companion Evolve website include downloadable audio chapter summaries, NCLEX® examination-style review questions, psychotropic drug monographs, and learning activities.
Other books you might like:Sorry, no similar books were found.