Joined Friday, September 19, 2003
Home page not provided
Usually I check my e-mail account every day. If I haven't answered your message within two days, it could be that I didn't receive your pm. Please pm me again. Thank you!
Normalerweise rufe ich meine e-mails täglich ab. Sollte ich auf eine pm nicht innerhalb von zwei Tagen antworten, könnte es an Problemen mit den pms liegen. In diesem Fall bitte nochmals eine Nachricht schicken. Danke!
I have been a member for nine years now and from the start I was hooked. The idea of BC is great! Through this website I've come across so many good authors and books and I have met with so many nice people all over the world, both on the forums and in real life. I've had great meetups in Bad Soden, Basel, Birmingham, Bonn, Brighton, Cambridge, Cologne, Darmstadt, Dublin, Frankfurt, London, Mainz, Oxford, Strasbourg and Wiesbaden and I hope I'll meet lots of you personally in future!
I can't remember not reading. I just love it.
Bookcrossing is exactly what I always wanted: a community full of people who love to read.
My favourite authors are:
I own all their works but as these are my favourite writers it's really hard for me to give away my copies of their works. But nevertheless, sometimes I do. So all of the books on my shelf are there to be left for other booklovers. I would appreciate to know more about authors who write like those above mentioned.
What I don't like at all are Science Fiction and Horror/Ghost stories.
Usually I don't read Crime/Thriller novels either. That's not because I don't like them, but because I don't want to get totally caught in them and stop doing anything else.
Some quotes I like:
"Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine"
"If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all."
"In literature as in love, we are astonished at what is chosen by others."
"Books are like imprisoned souls till someone takes them down from a shelf and frees them."
"Book lovers never go to bed alone."
"Die beste Bildung- das wusste schon Goethe- findet eben immer noch auf Reisen statt."
- Neue Westfälische - (Artikel am 9.1.05 zu bookcrossing.com)
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
"If God hadn't meant us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat."
Bookrings and -rays I'm waiting for:
Bookrings/-rays that are with me at the moment:
Ohne Netz: mein halbes Jahr offline by Alex Rühle
Books read in 2014/Bücher, die ich 2014 gelesen habe:
▲ = very good read
▼ = very bad read - more or less redundant because I've stopped finishing books I don't like.
* = ring
+ = month's highlight
1. A Nameless Witch by A. Lee Martinez
2. Sentido y Sensibilidad by Jane Austen
3. It's Not Me, It's You! by Jon Richardson
4. I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
5. On the Map by Simon Garfield
6. Ach so! by Ranga Yogeshwar
7. The Real James Herriot by Jim Wight
8. Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat
9. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
10. The Last Letter From Your Lover by by Jojo Moyes
11. Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch
12. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
13. Step Back in Time by Ali McNamara
14. Frau Jenny Treibel by Theodor Fontane
15. An Audacious Alphabet by Amy J. Francisconi
16. Great Tales From English History by Robert Lacey
17. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
18. One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern
19. In the Frame by Helen Mirren
20. Excuse My French by Rachel Best
Wild Release catches: 28/252
Please note: The books on my shelf don't indicate my taste. Many of those I registered I got from friends who otherwise would have thrown them away.
Bitte beachten: Die von mir registrierten Bücher spiegeln nicht unbedingt meinen Geschmack wieder. Habe viele Bücher von Feunden bekommen, die sich derer ansonsten auf dem konventionellen Weg (Altpapier) entledigt hätten.
I used to list all those people I've met in real life on my friends list. With the launch of the new site version I decided to abandon it completely. So if I have deleted you from it, nothing personal. :-)
Meine friends list bestand aus denjenigen, die ich tatsächlich schon getroffen habe. Mit der neuen Version der Seite habe ich mich dazu entschieden, die fl komplett aufzugeben. Wenn Du also nicht mehr auf meiner fl bist, dann hat das nichts mit Dir zu tun. :-)
Last update: 19th May 2014