Tuesday, March 16, 2004
What a Good Thing Bookcrossing is. Books, meetups, recycling, karma, and (by means of bookrings) parcels through the post! :D
OK, now for a confession. I don't actually own that many books. I have a few shelves of favourites, but most of my books have already been passed on to friends, left at holiday resorts or donated to charity shops. Y'see, I like the idea of not acquiring too much clutter, so I tend not to keep books I won't read more than once. This site fits so well with that philosophy - read a book, enjoy it, and let it go for others to enjoy.
Many of the books I have for release or trade are ex-Library stock (books that I bought from the sales shelf, rather than simply forgot to return, *g*) so have the usual library stamps and stickers on the first couple of pages. I also prefer to buy books in charity shops - you can get some great bargains and your money goes to a good cause.
I'm happy to consider trades, although if something is marked as my private collection, that's where it will stay, I'm afraid. I usually have more TBRs than AVLs on my shelf, but if you're interested in on of my TBR books let me know, and I'll move it up the mountain! I have a wishlist (see above) but really, I like anything to do with travel, history, biographies, classics, modern fiction ...
Check out my reading log for other booky stuff.
And finally ... if you'd like to earn money by completing online surveys, please follow this link.
24. 15 April 2011 The Breaker found by AF in Wimpole
23. 22 September 2010 253 found by devinegareth in Keswick
22. 22 June 2010 Attention all Shipping found by AF in Cromer
21. 13 November 2009 One Good Turn found by AF in Brighton
20. 8 June 2009 Dead Lagoon found by mooncarrot in Bedford
19. 24 November 2008 The Bookseller of Kabul found by Una-McCormack in Cambridge
18. 29 September 2008 The Kalahari Typing School for Men found by AF in Cambridge
17. 27 August 2008 Charlotte Grey found by V4Vicki in Salcey Forest
16. 30 March 2008 The Star of the Sea found by eleutheriae in Edinburgh
15. 16 March 2008 Blue Dahlia found by WOZY50 in Birstall 3 August 2008 Another double-jumper!
14. 4 December 2007 The Magician's Assistant found by x-sparkle-x in Cambridge
13. 6 June 2007 The Lovely Bones found by westcelt in Morden 13 June 2007 Woohoo! This has gone on to become my first double-jumper! \0/
12. 6 March 2007 The One You Really Want found by AF in Cambridge
11. 16 January 2007 The Cider House Rules found by AF in Peterborough
10. 17 December 2006 The Virgin's Lover found by AF in Palm Cove, Queensland, Australia
9. 7 October 2006 Gentleman Jim found by AF in Cambridge
8. 25 September 2006 The Railway Station Man found by tawajeed in London
7. 1 September 2006 Big Trouble found by AF in Cambridge
6. 15 April 2006 What Men Really Think About found by AF in Broadway, Worcestershire
5. 28 September 2005 Quentins found by gazzle in Cambridge
4. 10 August 2005 Catching Shellfish Between the Tides found by Zephur in Abbotsley, Cambridgeshire
3. 30 July 2005 Mrs Fytton's Country Life found by littulted in Coniston, Cumbria
2. 29 May 2005 The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn found by blondenurse in London
1. 31 August 2004 Wild Animus found by BRADFORDSIR in St Neots, Cambridgeshire
I don't receive release alerts, so this really is a wild find!
1. 28 February 2006 True Tales of American Life released by Korky
8. Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch (eBook)
7. Dominion by C. J. Sansom (eBook)
6. Bed Rest by Sarah Bilston
5. Ghostwalk by Rebecca Stott
4. The Half-Life of Hannah by Nick Alexander (eBook)
3. On the Map by Simon Garfield
2. The Love of My Life by Louise Douglas (eBook)
1. Cloud Road by John Harrison (eBook)
In no particular order. That would be too difficult.
* The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
* Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
* One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn