Don't forget to order your supplies for this year's International BookCrossing Day (April 21)! The last day to order them is March 25, because we'll need time to get them to you before the big day arrives. And this year's labels were designed by Azuki and they're great. So don't miss out, get your orders in while you can!
Joined BC in October 2005 and I am definitely hooked. My reading favourites are crimes/detective fiction such as Janet Evanonvich, Patricia Cornwell, Sue Grafton, Ed McBain, Sara Peretsky, Agatha Christie, Alexander McCall Smith, Tess Gerritsen - the list goes
on and on. I am always open to new suggestions of great crime/detective writers, so if you have a favourite author and you think I would be interested please PM me to let me know. I also like crime/detective novels set in times past eg the series set in Roman
times by Lindsay Davis, Laurie R King, the Mary Russell series etc. I am also quite partial to travelogue type books especially Bill Bryson (who lives in the same county as me!). But really I will read anything apart from Mills & Boon/Harlequin type novels
I mostly buy all my books from charity shops and secondhand book shops. Once read they go for releasing. I am willing to trade books from my available shelf. If there is something you would like to trade from my TBR mountain, please ask and I will reserve it
for you once it is read.
Please feel free to PM me!
I am a member of RABCK.com and love surprising people with unexpected packages. Also I have been the lucky recipient of RABCK's from other lovely Bcer's - Thank you to all of them!! Please
make sure your wishlist is up to date and that you are registered at RABCK.com - you never know, a mystery parcel could be winging its way to you!
RABCK's kindly sent to me in 2008
Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy kindly sent to me by Anglestar
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl kindly sent to me by ukcanaus
The BBC Big Read
I have decided to try and read the top 100 books on the BBC Big Read
Books read so far are:
1. The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien - eventually ploughed my way through it!
9. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis - Loved it!
28. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Iriving - Couldn't finish
37. A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute - Great Read!
41. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery - Great Book!
43. The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald - Read half, didn't finish, couldn't get into it.
52. Of Mice & Men by John Steinbeck - Great Book, enjoyed it!
62. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - Quite enjoyed it!
64. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough - It was OK.
71. Perfume by Patrick Suskind - Weird!
75. Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fileding - Excellent!
82. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith (Sorry! couldn't finish it - too boring!)
83. Holes by Louis Sachar - Great book
84. The God of Small Things (Sorry - couldn't get into it! - didn't finish)
99. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot - Great teenage read.