Joined Monday, December 22, 2003
Home page phoenixdreaming.wordpress.com
Do me a favour:
You take this book
and read it some time.
And then later on,
you can tell me what you think.
I read books in English and German (and easy ones in French, or at least I used to), in almost any genre (except chicklit and most books that count as "romance"). Whenever possible, I prefer to read books in their original language. I'm especially fond of SFF and anything with tentacles, and recently I find myself picking up a lot of nonfiction and auto/biographies, too. At the moment I'm in the middle of an extended comics/graphic novels/manga binge, and I have a growing collection of international myths and fairy tales.
I'm a vegetarian. If you send sweets, please make sure they don't contain gelatin. I like chocolate (milk and white is fine, nuts and fillings too, dark not so much, and chili is out of the question - also please real sugar, not stevia), flavoured hot chocolate, cookies, and salted caramel anything. And I love, love, love (original red) Twizzlers (which I can't get around here) and mochi (especially taro or pandan flavour). I also like all kinds of teas and tisanes.
For anyone wanting to send me something as a surprise while RABCK.com is down, please contact linguistkris, who holds my address for this purpose.
BOOKS READ (i.e. finished reading) IN 2018:
- 15. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
- 14. Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
- 13. From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris
- 12. All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris
- 11. Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
- 10. Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
- 09. Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
- 08. Monstress Volume 1: Awakening by Marjorie Liu & Sana Takeda
- 07. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
- 06. Club Dead by Charlaine Harris
- 05. Der Löwe Hans by Janosch (re-read)
- 04. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
- 03. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
- 02. All the Colours of Darkness by Peter Robinson
- 01. The Most Dangerous Game (smbc) by Zach Weinersmith (re-read)