Sunday, September 17, 2006
I am middle-aged mom of two, a psychiatric nurse and ... I love books!
I love cozy mysteries, travel stories and books about food (not cookbooks as such) and modern writers like Anne Tyler, Paul Auster, Julia Glass etc, but I also love a good classic!
I read both in Finnish and English.
Most of the books in my wishlist are in English, but I would be as happy to get the same book in Finnish :) I update my wishlist very often.
Here's what else I like:
* CHOCOLATE , especially unusual taste or chocolates with filling (rather than plain) like chocolate with pineapple or Irish cream truffle or Frys Turkish Delight!
* I love the combination of sweet and savory, like chocolate covered prezels or something like that.
* I also love to try new food, cookies, drinks, spices etc. I love stuff with wasabi or ginger!
* I love to cross-stitch and quilting, usually just don't have enough time
* Notebooks, nice good pens and pencils, decorative tapes etc are always nice surprise too, and I enjoy hand-creams, body butters and such, the small sample packets are just fine. And I love woollen or cotton socks, size 40 / 6 uk/8,5 us
* A nice pillowcase or hand towel would be appreciated too :) All colours and patterns are fine.
* We have the Nescafe Dolce Gusto - coffee machine, so if you have extra coffee , tea, cocoa capsules for it (for ex. type you didn't like after all), I'd be happy to try!
* I like books about food (like memoirs) and cookbooks and kitchen equipment too!
* If someone has The Muppet Show - stuff (used) - especially Fozzie bear - I would be willing to swap it to something (like books, chocolate, you name it!) because my daughter is a big fan and we don't have much of those here in Finland. Just p.m. me! She also loves Doctor Who and other geek stuff.
" Book A Day Keeps Housework Away! "
BOOKS I'VE READ 2016
1. Talo moskeijan vieressä / Kader Abdolah
2. Pariisin päiviä / Raymond Queneau
3. Tomuksi ja tuhkaksi / Patricia Cornwell
4. Flower Fairies of the Autumn / Cicely Mary Barker
5. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer / Michelle Hodkin
6. Gorillan kosketus / Dawn Prince-Hughes
7. Belong go Me / Marisa de los Santos
8. The Quilter's Kitchen / Jennifer Chiaverini
9. Eat Pray Eat / Michael Booth
10. Chocolate Dipped Death / Sammi Carter
11- Peppermint Twisted / Sammi Carter
12. Faithful Place / Tana French
13. Kuin kala verkossa / Ellery Queen
14. Kuubalaiset sisarukset / Cristina Garcia
15. Oolong Dead / Laura Childs
16. Suojelus / Jayne Anne Phillips
17. The Black House / Peter May
18. Amorin kiehkurat / Anna Jansson
19. Kun suljen silmäni / S.J.Watson
20. The Lewis Man / Peter May
21. Paholaisen vasara / J.P. Koskinen
22. The Teaberry Strangler / Laura Childs
23. Love, Loss and What I Wore / Ilene Beckerman
24. Mutta minä rakastan sinua / Eppu Nuotio
25. Sopan sinulle keitin / Andy Wall
26. Enkelintekijä /Camilla Läckberg
27. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet / Jamie Ford
28. The Chess Men / Peter May
29. Vieras kartanossa / Sarah Waters
30. Miksi ranskalaiset lapset syövät ihan kaikkea? / Karen Le Billon
31. Goody Goody Gunshots / Sammi Carter
32. Pystyyn, kuolleet / Fred Vargas
33. The Messenger / Markus Zusak
34. Samaa verta / Patricia Cornwell
35. Old Possums Katzenbuch (Bilingual English and German edition) /Thomas S. Eliot
36. Nuukaillen / Laura Honkasalo
37. Broken Star / Lizbie Brown
38. Ireland / Lisa Gerard-Sharp, Tim Perry
39. The Devil's Picnic / Taras Grescoe
40. Hide & Seek / Ian Rankin
41. Oikeuden jalopeura / Leena Lehtolainen
42. Juliet, Naked /Nick Hornby
43. An Artist of the Floating World / Kazuo Ishiguro
44. Virtahepo / Stephen Fry
45. Garden Spells / Sarah Addison Allen
46. The Well of Lost Plots / Jasper Fforde
47. Aamun hämärissä / Mari Jungstedt
48. Kevään kalpeudessa / Mari Jungstedt
49. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory / Roald Dahl
50. Murder on Astor Place / Victoria Thompson
51. The Thread / Victoria Hislop