Joined Thursday, February 10, 2005
Home page olugarintimodascoisas.blogspot.pt
Aqui, posso ficar quieto. Não preciso de ser nada nem ninguém. E ser tudo ao mesmo tempo.
There is always music
amongst the trees in the garden,
but our hearts
must be very quiet to hear it.
How Trees Talk to Each Other
Please take a look at www.freetibet.org/
Metade dos meus livros ficou no nosso pequeno refúgio, na Serra. Só a outra metade veio connosco para a ilha dourada. Por isso, talvez demore um pouco mais de tempo a encontrar um livro que queiras ler. Mas, chegarei lá :-)
Half of my books stayed in our small cottage, in Portuguese inland. Only the other half has come with me to the island. It means that I can take a little longer to find some book you would like to read. But I'll get there, eventually. Thank you for your patience
I'm a Nature guy and a daydreamer. And I love trees. "Árvores" is the Portuguese word for "trees".
Besides books, I also love chocolate (the darker the better), Lakritsi Original or Choco (Fazer), I love to swim, travelling, languages, music, cinema. I'm interested in anything related to Buddha, Jesus, Philosophy, Yoga, Shamanism... I love sauna, laughter, silence, cooking and baking… I love my girls above all (Pink-Butterfly and PoneiMagico). And I LOVE FINLAND! :-)
I see the world without boundaries (I told you, I am a daydreamer).
In literature, I especially like authors from Northern Europe, Southeast Asia and Africa. But I'm always open to suggestion on different authors. They can become a wonderful new world for me. So, I'm ready to be surprised by you :-)
I like to trade books and I organize a RABCK every now and then, depending on my budget. So, don't be shy! :-)
I'm sorry if I kept one of your books for too long. For several reasons, I've been a slow reader in the last few years.
Every moment in your life is an opportunity to learn. Enjoy!
Currently reading/Em leitura:
- "A Place called Winter", Patrick Gale (BRing)
- "The Panopticon", Jenni Fagan (BRing)
- "Running in the Family", Michael Ondaatje (BRay)
- "Moth smoke", Mohsin Hamid (tag game)
- "Street without a name", Kapka Kassabova (tag game)
- "Compartment nº6", Rosa Liksom (tag game)
- "A Pigeon and a Boy", Meir Shalev (RABCK)
- "Deserto", JMG Le Clézio
- "Finnish nightmares 2", Karoliina Korhonen
- "From Poin to Point", Xu Bing
- "In the Shadow of the Banyan", Vaddey Ratner
- "Fagín o judeu", Will Eisner
- "Octaedro", Julio Cortázar
- "O palácio do príncipe sapo", Jostein Gaarder
- "O silêncio do mar", de Vercors
- "O pequeno herói", Dostoievski
- "A Cor do Hibisco", Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
No dia 04.12.2013, decidi aderir ao desafio da irus "1 país - 1 autor", como se nunca tivesse lido nada até esta data. Vou acrescentando essas leituras no mapa
On the 4th of December 2013, I decided to join irus' challenge "1 country - one author", trying to read at least one author from each country, as if I had never read anything before :) The following map helps me to keep track on the results
1 país - 1 autor
visited 28 states (12.4%)
Create your own visited map of The World