corner corner Cat Tales for Christmas

Cat Tales for Christmas
by Various Authors | Pets & Animals
Registered by alkaline-kiwi of Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on 7/12/2011

status (set by KateKintail): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by alkaline-kiwi from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Started reading this one but decided to send it on to a new BookCrosser who also loves cats.

Journal Entry 2 by Debnz at Manukau City, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, July 14, 2011

Received today in mail as a surprise along with a bookring book I was listed for. Will give it a read as soon as I finish a few others - thanks for sending :) And also, thanks so much for the Bookcrossing labels you sent, much appreciated!

Journal Entry 3 by Debnz at Manukau City, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Read a couple of the stories but couldn't really get into it right now, life is getting in the way of my reading, LOL. I sent this on to Beth in Texas who is also a cat lover.....

Journal Entry 4 by BethanieKay at Fort Worth, Texas USA on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Cool, another bonus book all the way from New Zealand! :) I love books about kitties, so will read this and release it to another fellow kitty lover!

thanks to you both!

Journal Entry 5 by BethanieKay at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (11/6/2011 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Book is on its way to aetm in Austin, another fellow cat-fantatic >^..^<

Read and/or release :)

Journal Entry 6 by aetm at Austin, Texas USA on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Oooh, kitty cat tales? I don't even try to resist. Purrrfect time for some cat stories with some cats and hot chocolate... there seems to be plenty of authors in the book, so I'm sure any cat lover will love some authors they love (and try some others as new stories, why not). (Seriously.. just to list a few: Italo Calvino, Dorothy L. Sayers, Roald Dahl, Bram Stoker, Emile Zola, Edgar Allan Poe, and a bunch of others that I didn't recognize as much).
Maybe I'll read a few to my kitties as their evening fairy "tales" too...

Journal Entry 7 by aetm at Austin, Texas USA on Monday, May 07, 2012

Read some and skipped a few - I hate rating books by different authors when I liked some and some not so much. Some I enjoyed quite (and some skipped). ^_^

Journal Entry 8 by aetm at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, May 07, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (5/8/2012 UTC) at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

And time to find some next kitty literature fans - placing the book in MaryZee's Cat Book Box ^_^

Safe journey little book - I hope you'll make many new friends on your travels!

"Don't ever apologize to an author for buying something in paperback, or taking it out from a library (that's what they're there for. Use your library). Don't apologize to this author for buying books second hand, or getting them from bookcrossing or borrowing a friend's copy. What's important to me is that people read the books and enjoy them, and that, at some point in there, the book was bought by someone. And that people who like things, tell other people. The most important thing is that people read... "
— Neil Gaiman

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)

Journal Entry 9 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Monday, May 14, 2012

Chosen from MaryZee's Cat Book Box.

Journal Entry 10 by wingheartthumperwing at Wild Thing Book box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, August 12, 2017

Released 10 mos ago (8/12/2017 UTC) at Wild Thing Book box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Added to The Wild Thing Book Box.

Journal Entry 11 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Sunday, October 29, 2017

Kitties. Christmas. Only thing missing is chocolate.

Journal Entry 12 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Tuesday, December 26, 2017

I am a sucker for cat stories and this had a decent mix. It was nice to reread Kipling's The Cat Who Walked By Himself and I enjoyed a taste of Patricia Highsmith. My favorite cat-based fairy tale, The White Cat, was there, in a slightly different form, as was Puss in Boots. Some of the stories I could have done without, or would have preferred in a shorter form, but it was a decent read for a hectic season.

Journal Entry 13 by wing6of8wing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 20, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (1/20/2018 UTC) at Rockville, Maryland USA

This book is going to meet-up with me today and hopefully going home with someone else.

Journal Entry 14 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, January 21, 2018

Picked this up today at the BCinDC meetup.

This is one of the cutest labels I've ever seen!