corner corner Death and the Penguin (Panther)

I AM NOT LOST !

Death and the Penguin (Panther)
by Andrey Kurkov | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingChremajorawing of Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 7/11/2011

status (set by olagorie): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by wingChremajorawing from Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, October 13, 2011

From your Secret Santa - Merry Christmas :-)

Journal Entry 2 by notnot at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Thursday, December 15, 2011

The second wishlist book from my Secret Santa, Chremajora. This is going to be a very interesting read. Thank you, and I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Journal Entry 3 by notnot at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Sunday, July 15, 2012

From Booklist:

' "To every time, its own normality." As if to test the limits of his own premise, Ukrainian writer Viktor and his pet penguin, Misha, find themselves in a situation so bizarre as to challenge the very idea of normality. When Viktor is hired to write obituaries of Kiev VIPs to be kept on file, it seems like a great gig. Then the VIPs start to die with a regularity suggesting that Viktor has been signing death warrants, not writing obituaries. From there it's only a short step to Viktor's realization that someone is writing his obituary. As with Daniel Pennac's series about the Mallaussene family (see review on p.2089), Kurkov's novel exists in an all-encompassing vacuum that, like a kind of narrative narcotic, insinuates itself into the reader's pores until, yes, what was once surreal has achieved its own normality. Viktor and Misha, in the grip of circumstances beyond their control, are like us in ways we would never have dreamed possible, and Kurkov, we realize with a bit of a shock, is a strangely entrancing writer.'

An intelligent and funny black comedy. Great to read during summer vacation.

Journal Entry 4 by notnot at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Saturday, December 08, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (12/6/2012 UTC) at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway

God jul!

Journal Entry 5 by wingPanzeranziwing at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Monday, January 07, 2013

Thank you so much! Sorry for the late journal, I've been a mess lately when it comes to getting things done. I've read this novel and I loved it. I think I'll release it at the convent here in Gothenburg 19-21 April.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPanzeranziwing at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (3/10/2015 UTC) at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

I'll let this lovely penguin loose at the convention!

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 11, 2015

This book is really amazing!!! I loved it, it was so much fun.

My friend lent me this book, she is a bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 8 by wingolagoriewing at Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, July 12, 2015

This is a phantastic book, I really enjoyed it.

The characters are hilarious, the plot like a slapstick comedy and a film noir at the same time.

I can't wait to read the next book.

Counts for Ukraine.