corner corner A Waiting Game

A Waiting Game
by Diana Blayne | Romance
Registered by winginnaewing of Aurora, Colorado USA on 7/10/2011

status (set by innae): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winginnaewing from Aurora, Colorado USA on Saturday, September 03, 2011

My friend, Seinfeld's mom had several boxes of books she was ready to get rid of. I am so lucky that Seinfeld thought of me.

This is #94 in the Candlelight Ecstasy Romance series

it spent some time at a used book store

Journal Entry 2 by winginnaewing at Aurora, Colorado USA on Monday, July 29, 2013

Sending this book out as the Bookbox Journal with my Food Bookbox.

Only Rules are --
Journal this book when you get the box
Take out what you like, add in something new (with a food/drink word in the title)
PM the next person to get address and make sure they want the box
Mail off the box within 3 weeks or so (or post here or the forum a reason why you can't)
Have Fun!!

azuki
oliviapoolside
k00kaburra
back home to me innae

(I changed the order a bit -- moved azuki down a bit....)

Journal Entry 3 by tchaikovsky at Charleston, South Carolina USA on Friday, August 16, 2013

I received the bookbox today! I'll try to get it back out in the mail by the beginning of next week - everyone will enjoy it :)
*Caught in North Charleston, South Carolina on 8/16/13.

Journal Entry 4 by tchaikovsky at Binghamton, New York USA on Friday, August 23, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/24/2013 UTC) at Binghamton, New York USA

The bookbox is heading out - traveling all the way from South Carolina to New York! Enjoy :)

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The box was waiting for me when I got home tonight. Let me browse the contents and see what I am in the mood for -- I have several books set aside to go into it.

Journal Entry 6 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Maryland USA on Monday, December 02, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (12/2/2013 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Maryland USA

"A book is a mysterious object, I said, and once it floats out into the world, anything can happen. All kinds of mischief can be caused, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. For better or worse, it's completely out of your control." -- Paul Auster

The book box is on its way to Azuki in Florida

Journal Entry 7 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Wow! Guess what turned up on my doorstep tonight?! The original box that I sent. It appears to have all the books in it still, but the box has "No Such Number" written on it. I do not know what the number was, because the address is completely missing -- they used my return address label to get it back to me.

Suggestions on what to do with the box and its contents would be greatly appreciated. I am about to move house and do NOT need another box of books around here getting mixed up with my own boxes of books. :)

Journal Entry 8 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Monday, August 18, 2014

I decided to risk it and sent the box to Azuki in Miami. The lady at the post office yelled at me, saying that I had put too many labels with the address on the box. I told her to deal with it, because they were all the same address and I didn't want it to get lost again.

Journal Entry 9 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, August 23, 2014

The box is here, and pretty fast too, maybe due to the many labels on it? LOL
I'll see if anybody else wants to take a look before sending this back to innae.

Journal Entry 10 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Friday, September 05, 2014

Made my selection and am now sending this home. Hope it arrives safely!!

Journal Entry 11 by winginnaewing at Aurora, Colorado USA on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Poor little book box...finally found its way home, wish it could tell us of its journey through the postal system ;)

Journal Entry 12 by winginnaewing at Aurora, Colorado USA on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Will Be Headed out Soon with the newest Installment of the Food Bookbox...

The Order:

BooksandMusic
waternixie
Readertoo
SouthernFryed

Journal Entry 13 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Box arrived today.

PM'g the next in line for address. Then will look through the box for what I will keep, and add the replacements.

Journal Entry 14 by wingNancyNovawing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (11/29/2014 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Short visit in PA, but back in the Food Book Box to journal it's travels

Journal Entry 15 by freezone at Leominster, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

The book box arrived! So muchfun, and lots of books I haven't read.

I have to say, I see that this copy of "A Waiting Game" came from The Book Mark, in Lakewood, Colorado. I'm quite certain that I shopped for used books at that store, long long ago. Fun to see something come that far out of the past.

And in honor of those long ago years, I'm putting a book into this box that was given to me by one of my beaux, way back when I was in college. Crazy to see how long I've owned it.

I am in the middle of an additional book for this box. Let's see if I finish it in time to enclose it, and remove one more new book.

Journal Entry 16 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Monday, April 20, 2015

The book box journal made it here safely. When the bookbox gets here I will reunite the two :)

Journal Entry 17 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Thursday, June 04, 2015

haahaahaa98 posted a forum message saying that the food only book box has been mailed to me. http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/495396

Hopefully it will be soon reunited with this copy of the Waiting Game.

I recently picked this up as a quick read as I enjoy these types of romances. I actually found myself enjoying it quite a bit :)

Journal Entry 18 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Monday, June 08, 2015

The bookbox arrived from haahaahaa98 on Saturday. There was a slip on it saying that the package had been damaged in the mail and a hole on the side had been patched up.

The box was very full. haahaahaa98 mentioned that he had added more books to the box as an apology of sorts for keeping it so long. I will box what I can up and send along to the next person.

However, I may have to hold onto this a few weeks as unexpected expenses have come up with the recent passing of my father (along with time being a very limited quantity).

I will be adding in:

Murder of a smart cookie by Denise Swanson
Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
Comfort food by Kate Jacobs
The Saffron Kitchen by Yasmin Crowther
Last Night at the Lobster by Stewart O'Nan

My replacement box was a bit smaller than haahaahaa98's box so I am taking out 12 books - the 5 I am replacing with the above titles and 7 that wouldn't fit into the box. All will be read and/or wild released.

Journal Entry 19 by wingnimrodielwing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, June 08, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (6/8/2015 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Adding back into the Food bookbox

Journal Entry 20 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The box is on its way to LaveggioCoffee sorry for the longer rest stop here in IL...

Journal Entry 21 by wingLaveggioCoffeewing at Binghamton, New York USA on Wednesday, July 01, 2015

I have the box, just waiting for mailing address from next in line.

Taken out:

Scrambled Eggs at Midnight
Ice Blink
Voice Like Water
The Color of Water

Journal Entry 22 by wingLaveggioCoffeewing at Innae's Food Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, September 14, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (9/14/2015 UTC) at Innae's Food Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

the box is on the move.
USPS tracking # 9549010326655257160154

Again, my apologies for the delay.

Journal Entry 23 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Tuesday, September 22, 2015

It's here! Arrived today! Will make my choices and send it on.

Journal Entry 24 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The box has arrived safely while I was travelling. Just got home, will take a good look when I have a chance and move it on.

Journal Entry 25 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Box arrived today. I am so excited-my first ever book box! I had no idea there would be this many books to choose from. Will get it moving again soon.

Taking Out:
Chicken Soup for the Soul Daily Inspirations for Women
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer (hard back)
A Merry Heart by Wanda E. Brunstetter
Lamb by Christopher Moore
Slow Food Nation by Carlo Petrini

Putting in:
Chicken Soup for the Horse Lover's Soul
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer (paper back)
The Doctors Book of Food Remedies
Cocktails for Three by Sophie Kinsella writing as Madeleine Wickham
The Last Chinese Chef by Nicole Mones
Chicken Soup for the Soul of America
Kitchen Table Wisdom by Rachel Naomi Remen, MD

Journal Entry 26 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Thursday, February 04, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (2/4/2016 UTC) at Lexington, South Carolina USA

dropped in the mail

Journal Entry 27 by winginnaewing at Aurora, Colorado USA on Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Book box has arrived home!! Thanks everyone for your patience. :)

Journal Entry 28 by winginnaewing at Aurora, Colorado USA on Thursday, February 11, 2016

I have decided this book has done a good job as a BookBox journal, but it is has been in a couple now, and it is hard to keep track of what journal entry goes with what -- so, I am going to retire it and send it out into the world.

Journal Entry 29 by freezone at Boston, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, February 17, 2016

good bye little book! may you inspire love....

Journal Entry 30 by winginnaewing at Aurora, Colorado USA on Sunday, March 19, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (3/21/2017 UTC) at Aurora, Colorado USA

Donating to Charity (VVA)

Congratulations!! You have found a rare and unique gift, a travelling book!!

While it is possible I have read and given my thoughts on this book, it is more likely it is a book I found/purchased specifically to send out into the world! In either case, please read what has been said before, where has this book been, who enjoyed it, who didn't -- and perhaps, if you care to, you can add your two cents!

You do not have to join bookcrossing to pick up, enjoy, and journal a book -- however, if you do decide to join us, please consider using me (innae) as your recommending friend, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a personal message (for more info, check out the FAQ).

And again, thank you for saving this book from a life of boredom!

**************************************************************************