corner corner One Day

One Day
by David Nicholls | Romance
Registered by winghippoleinwing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 7/10/2011

status (set by Vadelmia): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hodder Paperback 2010
435 pages

Product Description

'I can imagine you at forty,' she said, a hint of malice in her voice. 'I can picture it right now.'

He smiled without opening his eyes. 'Go on then.'

15th July 1988. Emma and Dexter meet for the first time on the night of their graduation. Tomorrow they must go their separate ways.

So where will they be on this one day next year?

And the year after that? And every year that follows?

Twenty years, two people, ONE DAY.

From the Back Cover
You can live your whole life not realising that what you're looking for is right in front of you.

15th July 1988. Emma and Dexter meet on the night of their graduation. Tomorrow they must go separate ways.

So where will they be on this one day next year? And the year after that?

And every year that follows?

'Totally brilliant' Tony Parsons

'Fantastic Labour boom-years comedy' Guardian

'You really do put the book down with the hallucinatory feeling that they've become as well known to you as your closest friends' Jonathan Coe

'Destined to be a modern classic' Mirror

Journal Entry 2 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/8/2011 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

RABCK
--------------------------

Going to the next reader during the meeting in Sokos tonight

Journal Entry 3 by bookwormess at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thanks hippolein! Got the book over a month ago, I've just been way too busy to journal it... Sorry.

I'm thinking of going to see the movie soon, am really looking forward to reading the book. But, as usual, now it'll go to my bookshelf for unknown period of time...

Journal Entry 4 by bookwormess at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Oh dear! I went to see the movie in the end of December and totally loved it. So, I just had pick this book from the shelf when I came home.

I really recommend this book - and the movie (Anne Hathaway is amazing as Emma). The story is funny but also tells the story of two people living their lives as friends. I don't want to spoil anything, just read it. :)

Journal Entry 5 by bookwormess at Sokoksen kahvila, PKS-miitti in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, August 13, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (8/14/2012 UTC) at Sokoksen kahvila, PKS-miitti in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Will be released in a meeting at the 5th floor cafe.

*****
Congratulations, you've found a book I released in the wild. It's yours now - you can keep it, give to someone you now or release it back in the wild. Thank you for letting me know you've found it! If you want, you're welcome to join Bookcrossing.com. :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Took this home from tonight's meet-up in Helsinki as bookwormess managed to convince me it's definitely worth reading :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, March 30, 2013

This was unputdownable. And funny and touching, too. That's all I'm saying so as to not give anything away. Thanks for making me pick it up from the meet-up, bookwormess!

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, May 06, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (5/7/2013 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Off to duskiska. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by duskiska at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It arrived a couple of days ago already. Thank you!

Journal Entry 10 by duskiska at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I did like it, but I also thought it to be a bit too long. The kind of book that doesn't seem to end, and where you know the ending can only be one of two things. That being said, the basic structure of the book (it tells about the protagonists' life on the same day on many consecutive years) worked really well and it keeps surprising the reader.

Journal Entry 11 by duskiska at -- By Hand or Post, meetup, rings, RABCKs etc in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (1/21/2015 UTC) at -- By Hand or Post, meetup, rings, RABCKs etc in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Miittiin mukaan.

Journal Entry 12 by Vadelmia at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, January 26, 2015

I found the book by coincidence from a café in Turku, Finland, and I took it with me to Sweden. I was so happy to find the book. I've read a few chapters so far and it seems entertaining. I'll release it somewhere when I'm done and let you fellow bookcrossers know.

Journal Entry 13 by Vadelmia at Nacka, Stockholm Sweden on Friday, August 07, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (8/7/2015 UTC) at Nacka, Stockholm Sweden

I gave the book to a friend.