corner corner The Clockwork Teddy: A Bear Collector's Mystery (Bear Collector's Mysteries)

The Clockwork Teddy: A Bear Collector's Mystery (Bear Collector's Mysteries)
by John J. Lamb | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingMinerva101wing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 09, 2011

status (set by Herchelle): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingMinerva101wing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 09, 2011

I have another copy of this book registered and travelling in affinity4books Cozy Bookbox. I was really happy when I scooped this copy at library sale today to give to my bookcrossing friend, rureading.

Below is my journal entry for the other copy:

Don't let the hokey cover or the cheesy synopsis turn you off this book - it's a good one! Probably one of the best cozies I've read.
On the front cover is a quote form The Richmond Times Dispatch. It says: "(A) fun series... Don't be fooled by the teddy bear theme. Lamb's mysteries are full-bodied police procedurals."I'm really glad I picked this book up from a library sale - well worth the read :)Book Description from Chapters.caWhen Brad and Ashleigh Lyon re-visit San Francisco, a cutting-edge robot teddy bear is found at a murder scene. Now the bear-making couple must try their crafty hands at fur-ensics.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 09, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (7/9/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this book to the Joshua Tree for the Bookcrossing meeting to give to rureading. I hope she likes it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 3 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 10, 2011

I read your review of the cover and I thought this was the best combination of title and cover: a great title, The Clockwork Teddy, and a sprawled teddybear in an alley. I'm hooked by the title and a little creeped out by the cover art! Now I'm hoping the story lives up to the cover tease. Looking forward to reading this one. Thanks Minerva101.

Journal Entry 4 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, August 19, 2011

A honey of a plot with witty dialogue between the partners and a few puns to 'grin and bear'. I wondered about the odd story combination of detective work and teddy bear crafting until I read the author bio....
Wouldn't mind sinking my claws into another of these books; perfect for a winter's hibernation.

Journal Entry 5 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (9/10/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking the book to the Calgary BC Meetup at the Joshua Tree Cafe today.

Journal Entry 6 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Picked up at meet up. Hmm a teddy bear mystery....

Journal Entry 7 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, November 21, 2011

My friend use to make teddy bears and I didn't realize what an art and following they had so found that part of the book interesting. The author uses a lot of police codes and then explains it and that was distracting to me. None the less it was an interesting read but not an author that I would rush out to find more of his books.

Journal Entry 8 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (12/5/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am unable to make the December bookcrossing meeting so passing on to my daughter to take to the meeting.

Journal Entry 9 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (12/10/2011 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

My mom can't make December's meeting so I am taking this in her place. If no one takes it home, it will be left on the shelf.

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe starting at 11am. New Crossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 10 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 11, 2011

This one came back home with me. I was told that I should read it.

Journal Entry 11 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, June 01, 2012

What an interesting little mystery. I have to say it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I thought it would be a light fluffy mystery with an amateur sleuth but instead we get a retired detective that ends up in the thick of it. I enjoyed the novel and will have to track down some more books by him.

Journal Entry 12 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this great book to today's meetup. If no one in the group takes it, it will be left on the shelf.

Journal Entry 13 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Picked up at the June Meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 14 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Totally loved this book. So, that's what a cozy mystery is....

Great blend of mystery and humour - super characters and kept me guessing. A fast read, but so delightful. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 15 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the July meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 16 by wingsing-songwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Picked this up at the July meeting today.

Journal Entry 17 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Mom was sure this was mine but obviously not! I guess we will both read and return to the next person on the sticky note.

Journal Entry 18 by wingsing-songwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I enjoyed the book. There were a couple of places where things were a bit far fetched but an easy read.

Journal Entry 19 by wingsing-songwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Released 5 mos ago (11/9/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this book to the November meeting at Cravings.

Journal Entry 20 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing November meet-up. I don't remember why I wanted to read this, but look, bear puns.

Journal Entry 21 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 11, 2014

A cute mystery. So the entire series involves teddy bears in the crimes? All right, I can run with that. All of the police codes used as short hand, and then carefully explained by the author, really annoyed me. It slowed the storytelling down in my opinion. It was like the author found a list of police codes and picked a bunch at random. Imagine my surprise when I see that the author used to be in law enforcement. But if you're looking for a fluffy read full of bear puns, this is the book for you.

Journal Entry 22 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Released 3 mos ago (1/11/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passing this book along to the next reader at the Calgary BookCrossing January meet-up.

Journal Entry 23 by wingHerchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Picked this book up at the January Meetup, the cover is creepy and I am glad that I read the journal entries. I look forward to this one climbing to the top of my TBR mountain range.