corner corner Tutankhamun and the Valley of the Kings

Tutankhamun and the Valley of the Kings
by Otto Neubert | History
Registered by wingMinerva101wing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 7/8/2011

status (set by Crataegus): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingMinerva101wing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, July 08, 2011

I've had this book around for a long time as I have always loved everything Egyptian. The discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb is a story that is used again and again in popular fiction and for me, the history never looses it's appeal. The book is a retelling of the great discovery and the story of the boy king's life.

From the back cover: "The author, Otto Neubert, is a traveller and scholar who was one of the first to visit the opened tomb when it was discovered...."

Journal Entry 2 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 09, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (7/9/2011 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this cool little book to the Bookcrossing meeting at the Joshua Tree. The theme for this month is People or Events in History - I figure King Tut qualifies ;-D

Journal Entry 3 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dead Egyptians in a tomb - a no brainer decision. *snicker* - no brains.., mummies..

Journal Entry 4 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, March 02, 2012

A history of Ancient Egypt related by Mr. Neubert in an unusual style mixing scholarly writing and fictionalized conversation, and he doesn't discuss ol' Tut until page 175, and unfortunately, cannot hope to cover everything of that great discovery in the last two chapters.
I remember an exhibit of Egyptian antiquities at the Glenbow some years ago, displaying actual unwrapped mummies, which was exciting and morbid at the same time. I wish I could have seen King Tut when he toured the major museums back in the Eighties, with Steve Martin's song "King Tut" playing. :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, March 09, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (3/10/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the Calgary BC Meetup at the Joshua Tree Cafe today.

Journal Entry 6 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 11, 2012

I've always had a facination with Egypt so when this one showed up at the meeting I just had to take it.

Journal Entry 7 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (1/5/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I'm moving, so in an effort to reduce the amount I have to move I am passing books that multiple people wanted to the next person. This is a book I want to read and therefore want back, just not until I am settled in my new place.

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe starting at 11am. New Crossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 8 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Picked up before the January get together

Journal Entry 9 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 25, 2015

This was a great read. Some of it I already knew, and some of it was more detailed than I need (such as the dimensions of every chest found). But it was a fascinating read and I learned quite a bit as well as got a good refresher on other information.

Thanks for the great read!

Journal Entry 10 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (2/14/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together

Journal Entry 11 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Picked this up at the Valentines Day meeting this could be interesting.

Journal Entry 12 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (7/14/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Tried a couple of times and can't get into this one. I have kept it way too long. Time to pass it on to a deserving reader. I am taking this to the July meetup at Cravings!

Journal Entry 13 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 16, 2018

Picked up at this month's Calgary Bookcrossing meetup. Looking forward to the read!