corner corner The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
by Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows | Literature & Fiction
Registered by retromonkey of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 07, 2011

status (set by MKlibraries): available

Journal Entry 1 by retromonkey from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Hello and welcome to Bookcrossing!

Thanks for picking up this book. Treat it nicely, enjoy reading it and let everyone know what you thought of it here; you can be anonymous if you like or you might want to join Bookcrossing, if you do you can follow the book's onward journey. Then, pass it on when the time is right.If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me retromonkey, as your referring member.

Journal Entry 2 by retromonkey at Forest Cafe OBCZ in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 09, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (7/9/2011 UTC) at Forest Cafe OBCZ in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Adding to the shelves.

Journal Entry 3 by isisjem at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 09, 2011

Picked up at the get together today! A wishlist book :-)

Journal Entry 4 by isisjem at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 25, 2011

Loved this. It had a lovely vintagey feel and the way it was narrated reminded me a bit of Cold Comfort Farm. Of course the obvious parallel with this book is 84 Charing Cross Road as the book is composed almost entirely of letters. I love all descriptions of life in Guernsey during the occuppation - even though it was a harrowing time. I liked the way deeper themes were explored. For example who you deal with living with the 'enemy' day after day and how nothing is ever as black and white good v. evil as it may first appear. I hadn't realised that Guernsey had been treated like a huge labour camp with prisoners being shipped in from all over occupied Germany. It has made me want to visit Guernsey more than ever. It had some fantastic loveable characters. A real gem of a book.

Journal Entry 5 by isisjem at Dolphin Cafe in Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 07, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (10/8/2011 UTC) at Dolphin Cafe in Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Taking this along to the meet up - probably for the bookswap game ;-)

Journal Entry 6 by PussInBooks at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Won in the bookswap game, thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by PussInBooks at A Controlled Release, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (12/15/2011 UTC) at A Controlled Release, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Passing to MK Library for its Bookcrossing shelf.

Journal Entry 8 by Korky at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thanks for the pass-on, I'll re-release them during the week.

Journal Entry 9 by Korky at Milton Keynes Library in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (12/22/2011 UTC) at Milton Keynes Library in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

Keeping the central library bookcrossing shelf topped up.

Journal Entry 10 by wingMKlibrarieswing at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Join your local library and use your card to keep it active.
It is FREE and opens the doors to books, music and film, IT and our services from your home.
We value your membership: keep using us!

Click here
for Milton Keynes Libraries webpage.