corner corner Molly's Pilgrim

Molly's Pilgrim
by Barbara Cohen | Children's Books
Registered by AlterEgoZoe of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on 7/2/2011

status (set by AlterEgoZoe): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by AlterEgoZoe from Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, July 02, 2011

Cute children's book. I got at the library sale this summer.

Journal Entry 2 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, May 18, 2012

Will be a companion book to my Manga/Manhwa book box.

Manga and Manhwa only (Ie Japanese or Korean comics/graphic novels), so no American comics or graphic novels. Any Genre Manga or Manhwa-some Hentai is ok. Ani-manga or Manga/Manhwa that were based on Japanese/Korean Video games or movies are ok, too (since The Ring was a book, movie *and* a manga series-but the manga would only apply in this bookbox. ^.^;;).

Box Rules (taken from k00kaburra and added upon):
- Please keep the box no longer than 2 weeks.
- Please update the forum thread when the box arrives and is sent out again, and please make a JE in the companion book.
- Please journal the books you remove from the box and replace with the same number or more.
- Please use delivery confirmation
- I reserve the right to remove someone from the list if I believe there may be a problem with their participation.
-If the box comes to you falling apart, please replace it with a new box.

Mailing order:

1.Just My Luck (Yaoi)
2.Kingdom Hearts, Volume 2
3.Love Hina, Volume 1
4.Love Hina, Volume 3
5.Love Hina, Volume 4 (copy #1)
6.Love Hina, Volume 4 (copy #2)
7.InuYasha, the Ani-Manga, Volume 10
8.Deathnote, Volume 1
9.Your & My Secret, Volume 6
10.DragonBallZ, Volume 2
11.Dance in the Vampire Bund, Volume 6
12.Cross Game, Volume 1 (Omnibus)
13.Hyde & Closer, Volume 2
14.FLCL, Volume 1
15.Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 3
16.Spice and Wolf, Volume 6
17.Angel Sanctuary, Volume 17

Journal Entry 3 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (6/5/2012 UTC) at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA

Mailed the Manga/Manhwa bookbox to GoryDetails, with the following DC # 03082960000061758926

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, June 08, 2012

The bookbox reached me today, with this cute little children's book as its journal. (See also the forum thread here.) Will make my choices and get the box moving again soon!

Later: This book has a charming story about accepting different cultures, rather sweet. I'll mail the box as soon as I get a mailing address. As for my choices:

Taking: Just My Luck, Love Hina Volume 1, Love Hina Volume 3, Love Hina Volume 4, InuYasha the Ani-Manga Volume 10, Your & My Secret Volume 6, DragonBallZ Volume 2, Dance in the Vampire Bund Volume 6, Cross Game Volume 1 (Omnibus), Hyde & Closer Volume 2, Rurouni Kenshin Volume 3, Spice and Wolf Volume 6, Angel Sanctuary Volume 17

Since Cross Game was an omnibus I've added a couple of extra titles. My contributions:

Threads of Time Vol. 2
Deja-vu
Welcome to the NHK Vol. 4
Kindaichi Case Files: The Mummy's Curse
Otomen Vol. 8
Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service Vol. 2
Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service Vol. 4
Metro Survive Vol. 1 (of 2)
Metro Survive Vol. 2 (of 2)
Cromartie High School Vol. 1
Black Bird Vol. 1
Black Bird Vol. 2
Black Bird Vol. 3
R.O.D. Read or Dream Vol. 1
New Vampire Miyu Vol. 2
Aishiteruze Baby Vol. 1

Update: Mailed the box on 6/14, DC# 03103490000122733880. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Good news: Box has arrived! Great news: it has a wonderful selection! I went through the box and there are only 3 books that I am not interested in, because I've read them already. :p Bad news: I have to read a few more of my TBR to trade.

I will take a better look this weekend, and finalize my selection. Thanks so much AEZ for organizing this box!

BTW I enjoyed Molly's story. I usually don't read journal books but this one is such a quick read, and I am glad to have read it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Friday, July 06, 2012

The box has been packed and ready to go.

I am taking out:

Miracle Girls #2
Miracle Girls #3
Vampire Game, Vol. 1
Pretty Poison
The Mammoth Book of Best New Manga #3 (count as 2)

Journal Entry 7 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sorry for the long delay. Minerva is skipping so this box is finally heading to K00kabura. My apologies that I didn't send it out sooner but I was working plenty of OT the last few weeks. But finally it's heading off.

Journal Entry 8 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bookbox is here!

I remember reading this story back in elementary school. :) It's so sweet, and I remember it being very mind-blowing back in first or second grade (I think that's about when I discovered it) because OMG THERE ARE STILL PILGRIMS THIS IS AMAAAAZING!!!

(It might be worth mentioning that I was fairly sheltered as a child and attended a private Christian school, so the idea that a pilgrim could be anything besides a 17th century Puritan just never occurred to me.)

Anyway, this is a great kid's book. It was nice to revisit it with this bookbox :)

Journal Entry 9 by wingk00kaburrawing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (9/27/2012 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

the bookbox is on its way home!

Journal Entry 10 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Recieved today. ;)

I'd like to do a second round in a few months (so everyone can read and get books ready to put in, and maybe get a few more people) if anyone is interested, let me know.

Second Round Mailing Order:
-GoryDetails (NH)
-quietorchid (Min.)
-k00kaburra (CA)
-HI77 (FL)
-azuki (FL)
-back to me, AlterEgoZoe.

Books to start with:
Beauty Pop Volume 4
Naruto Volume 31
Naruto Volume 41
Le Portait de Petite Cossette Volume 1

Journal Entry 11 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (2/12/2013 UTC) at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA

Mailed to Gory this afternoon. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 12 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, February 16, 2013

The round-two bookbox reached me today; many thanks!

Later: I'm taking out:

The Drops of God Vol. 1
Kingyo Used Books Vol. 2
The Story of Saiunkoku Vol. 1
Grand Guignol Orchestra Vol. 1
Castle Mango Vol. 1 (yaoi)
Red River Vol. 1
Darker Than Black
Honey and Clover Vol. 1
Four Immigrants Manga
Hagakure: The Code of the Samurai

The box went in the mail on 2/23 (just ahead of Yet Another Snowstorm!); tracking number: 9549010973193054396007.

Journal Entry 13 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Friday, March 01, 2013

Just opening box, looks enticing! More later as i sort and trade....

Journal Entry 14 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Friday, March 08, 2013

Taking out:

Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden Vol 2
Bleach 3
Absolute Boyfriend 1
Absolute Boyfriend

Journal Entry 15 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

BOokbox is here!

Journal Entry 16 by wingk00kaburrawing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (3/28/2013 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

sent to HI77 to continue the bookbox's travels!

Journal Entry 17 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, April 07, 2013

The story are a kaleidoscope of endless
lines,

one right after another.

(Book box is here! :) )

Journal Entry 18 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (4/23/2013 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

These are definitely my favorite bookrings to be part of! I just love the art work in a lot of the mangas and the stories are fun. :)

But now it's time to send it on its way to the next recipient.

Removed:

-Shaolin Sisters, Vol. 4
-Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden, Vol 2
-Absolute Boyfriend, Volume 1
-Yu-Gi-Oh!, Vol 5: The Heart of the Cards
-The Four Immigrants Manga
-Red River, Vol. 1
-Hagakure: The Code of the Samurai (The Manga Edition)
-Happy Hustle High Vol. 5
-Honey Darling
-Love Hina Vol. 2
-Love Hina Vol. 3
-Love Hina Vol. 4

And I have put back into the manga box for others:

-Last Fantasy Vol. 1
-Get Backers Vol. 2
-Get Backers Vol. 3
-Get Backers Vol. 5
-Blood Alone Vol. 2
-Same Cell Organism (Yaoi)
-Rave Master Vol. 5
-Kill Me, Kiss Me Vol. 1
-Angel Cup Vol. 1
-Angel Cup Vol. 4
-Angel Cup Vol. 5
-Divalicious! Vol. 1

Hope others have a good time with at least a few of them!!

Journal Entry 19 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Monday, April 29, 2013

Box is here! Thank you so much. I have to study for an exam so I have to put it aside for now... though I did end up spending time I shouldn't have browsing some...

It's funny to see how for some series, the different volumes seem to be popping in and out of the box at different time. I hope eventually they get to re-unit!

Journal Entry 20 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Friday, June 07, 2013

The box is on its way home.

Journal Entry 21 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, June 14, 2013

This arrived this morning, and I was very happy to see books wrapped in plastic. (We've been getting tons of rain this week, today included!)

Journal Entry 22 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, June 24, 2013

Not sure if this will see a third round, but for the time being I'll be taking out the following

Get Backers vol. 2, 3 & 5
Blackbird vol. 1-3
Aishiteruze Baby vol. 1
Comic Party vol. 3
Moyasimon vol. 2

Journal Entry 23 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, February 24, 2014

Well until I can organize another round, I'll make a je in the remaining books.

Journal Entry 24 by AlterEgoZoe at Chestnuthill Township Park in Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (4/26/2014 UTC) at Chestnuthill Township Park in Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania USA

Released during the Close the Loop's Give and Take day