corner corner In the Blood: A Memoir of my Childhood

In the Blood: A Memoir of my Childhood
by Sir Andrew Motion | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingfuturecatwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Borders had a "fill a bag for $10" sale today :-)

=+=

Journal Entry 2 by wingfuturecatwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, July 18, 2011

An autobiography that reads more like a novel. Andrew Motion tells the story of his childhood, his experiences at boarding school, and most importantly, his relationship with his mother. A compelling read.

=+=

Journal Entry 3 by wingfuturecatwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (8/9/2011 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to another bookcrosser at tonight's meetup.

=+=

Journal Entry 4 by alkaline-kiwi at Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Picked up from the meetup (even though I suspected my luggage was already too heavy - I did manage to get under the 20kg limit however)

Journal Entry 5 by alkaline-kiwi at Starbucks - Queen St. in Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (2/7/2012 UTC) at Starbucks - Queen St. in Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand

left in the OBCZ shelf

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Montevideo, Montevideo Uruguay on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Well written but sad. Very much a book that refers well to a 50 or 60 year old light myself. Puts you off bording schools for life.One should remember that it is rather like an autobiography but written by a poet. The saddness is bearably and the book is captivating.

The book was picked up in New Zealand Auckland (Starbucks) on February 8 2012.