corner corner A Golden Age

A Golden Age
by Tahmima Anam | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Foxears of Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on 6/28/2011

status (set by schwester): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Foxears from Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Golden Age

Journal Entry 2 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Thanks. Taken from the rather random book box. Looks interesting :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, December 19, 2011

Great novel which gives an insight into a great historical event.

Journal Entry 4 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, December 19, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (12/20/2011 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

sending to the winner of my first anniversary RABCK - Enjoy:)

Journal Entry 5 by schwester at Wien Bezirk 03 - Landstraße, Wien Austria on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thank you! I just came back from the second Christmas-party with my parents in law in the south of the country and found 5 parcels in front of my door! This book looks great, thank you!!!

Vienna, July 2012: I started the book yesterday and today I´m already cooking a vegetable curry... :-)

Somehow I thought this is a sort of history novel (which it IS somehow - but I thought something like middle ages or so) - the story is set in the 1970, Bangladesh struggling for independence (a part of history I knew rather little, well nothing, of), and it is very well written. I also liked the feminist part, of course, how Rehanna contemplates her highlights in life having been some fruit getting ready to make pickles and how someway through those housewife-duties a care for something else developed.
Great book, I would never have found without bookcrossing. Thanks a lot!

Journal Entry 6 by schwester at Wien Bezirk 03 - Landstraße, Wien Austria on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (8/17/2012 UTC) at Wien Bezirk 03 - Landstraße, Wien Austria