corner corner The Lovers

The Lovers
by John Connolly | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by shelj7k of Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, June 27, 2011

status (set by shelj7k): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by shelj7k from Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, June 27, 2011

This is a place of mystery...a sanctuary. Every book, every volume you see here has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens.

Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Shadow of the Wind

Dear Reader

Welcome to BookCrossing, especially if it is your first time here. I am really pleased that you found this book. It is a gift from me to you. If you wish you may hold on to it, but I hope that you will pass it on, either to a friend or loved one, or by leaving it to be found again. That way our book will be on an adventurous journey which we can follow as it gets passed along.

In the meantime, did you read the book? What did you think of it? Also, what do you think of the idea of BookCrossing? Feel free to write any thoughts when you come back to make a journal entry for this book.

While you are here, why not take a look around our website? It is completely free to register, it is safe and spam free and, if you do join, you will receive email alerts when this book is found again. I would be delighted if you wish to mention me, shelj7k, as the member who introduced you.

Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 2 by shelj7k at Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, June 27, 2011

Amazon.co.uk Review:

In The Lovers, John Connolly’s latest, highly individual entry in his distinguished Charlie Parker series, his doughty private eye’s life is in a downward spiral. The authorities don’t trust him, and he has been deprived of his investigator's license (including his right to bear arms). He’s holding down an undemanding job in a Portland bar. But Charlie is not the kind to stay in the shadows for long: he is about to undertake the most challenging (and potentially destructive) assignment of his life: he has decided to uncover the facts behind his policeman father’s death and – even more importantly -- the killing of a young couple that his father was responsible for. Immersing himself once again in the painful circumstances of his own childhood, he comes across a mystery: an unidentified young man and woman who appear to have been present at many death scenes; and – even harder to accept – they have been seen right back to the days of the suicide of Charlie’s father. This mysterious duo are shadowing Charlie -- will he find out the motivation behind his father’s terrible act before he, too, violently dies?

~*~*~*~*~*~

I have two copies of this book, so am releasing this one without reading.

Journal Entry 3 by shelj7k at Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, June 27, 2011

Amazon.co.uk Review:

~*~*~*~*~*~

I have two copies of this book, so am releasing this one without reading.

Journal Entry 4 by shelj7k at TGI Friday's Restaurant in Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (6/29/2011 UTC) at TGI Friday's Restaurant in Blackrock, Co. Dublin Ireland

Enjoy!!!