corner corner Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's

Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's
by John Elder Robison | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by tabby-cat-owner of Phoenix, Arizona USA on 6/26/2011

status (set by kiwiinengland): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by tabby-cat-owner from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Sunday, June 26, 2011

The author was not diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome until he was forty.

Journal Entry 2 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Saturday, April 25, 2015

The author writes about his life in a very dysfunctional family. He was not diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome until he was forty but his behavior does seem to concur with a diagnosis of Asperger's syndrome. Although he dropped out of high school, the author was a genius in mechanical things and was blessed to have a series of interesting jobs. It is interesting to note that as the author became more social, the level of his "genius" skill declines. (The author makes this observation himself.) At times, I thought the author was not a compassionate or nice person, but he has worked with educators and groups with the purpose of helping people to understand and have compassion for people who are different in many ways.

Journal Entry 3 by tabby-cat-owner at Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (8/25/2015 UTC) at Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

This book is being mailed to another bookcrosser as a birthday surprise.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, October 31, 2015

Thank y very much for this book, as well as all the bookmarks.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, April 16, 2016

I enjoyed reading this story, and it's place in history when Aspergers was a little known diagnosis. Now it seems flavour of the month - quite a change in 10 years. The story flowed very well, however I lost interest in the last couple of chapters which was his philosophical pondering about his wife and choices he made.

Thanks for sending this book my way.

Journal Entry 6 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (1/10/2017 UTC) at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

After attending an outdoor concert I the botanical gardens, my friend picked up her car from my house and took a couple of interesting books with her, including this one.

------------------------

and book returned to continue on it's adventure

Journal Entry 7 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Hobson Villa in Thorndon, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, August 21, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (8/21/2017 UTC) at Hobson Villa in Thorndon, Wellington Province New Zealand