corner corner Silent Joe

Silent Joe
by T. Jefferson Parker | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by bloedengel of Vosselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on 6/24/2011

status (set by eastbaybookmisr): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by bloedengel from Vosselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, June 24, 2011

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)

Journal Entry 2 by bloedengel at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, June 24, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (6/24/2011 UTC) at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

With all these things going on, and you sending me all these presents and books, it was about high time I sent you a book !
I hope you like it, but as I saw it on your wishlist I guess you will :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingReleannawing at Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Monday, June 27, 2011

WOW! What a lovely surprise :)
thank you so much for this wishlist book and the nice card!

Journal Entry 4 by wingReleannawing at Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Thursday, September 08, 2011

I really enjoyed reading this thriller. It is rather different then the usual police thrillers. It is written in the first person by Joe, who was abused as a little boy and his face is disfigured from that time. He was adopted by the family of a politician and he joins the police force. When his adoptive father is murdered Joe keeps up investigating although he is officially off the case.
This book is very much about the feelings and thinking of this abused young man and how he deals with life.

Journal Entry 5 by wingReleannawing at Mystery/Thriller - first sentences, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/12/2011 UTC) at Mystery/Thriller - first sentences, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

for Icila - have fun reading!

Journal Entry 6 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thank you ! Both of you ;)

Journal Entry 7 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

I'm very glad to have chosen this one. What a great pleasure in reading.

Journal Entry 8 by wingIcilawing at Bureau de Poste in La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (1/10/2012 UTC) at Bureau de Poste in La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France

En route to Keeta1 in New-Zealand as part of 5th round of First sentences VBB.

Journal Entry 9 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thank you Icila, the book is here already! Looks like a good choice, so I'm happy.
Hello Bloedengel & Releanna :)
This year I'm trying to read as many of the books that have been sent to me by Bookcrossers as possible, so hopefully this one won't be too far off.

Journal Entry 10 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

It took me a little while to get into this book, but I enjoyed it once I did. So many plots and sub-plots to keep you interested to the end.

Journal Entry 11 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (2/20/2013 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Travelling to the winner of the "Tea & Mystery Sweepstake" .
Congratulations!

Journal Entry 12 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Arrived with the tea for T&M sweeps and a surprise wishlist book. Thank you!

Journal Entry 13 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Sunday, June 02, 2013

Reserved for Flambard

Journal Entry 14 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Thursday, June 06, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/6/2013 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

Sent today. Thank you for trading with me!
It's Team Russia release for a Tennis challenge. More info here: http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/493818

Enjoy your reading!
Track: RR965433963BY

Journal Entry 15 by Flambard at Horsham, West Sussex United Kingdom on Sunday, June 16, 2013

Many thanks Lamilla! A great set of stamps again on the packet too!
Gargoyle

Journal Entry 16 by Flambard at Horsham, West Sussex United Kingdom on Sunday, September 07, 2014

It's taken me over a year to get to read this! Sorry! A bit ponderous and with an obvious twist, but a good pace and enjoyable read without too many characters to get confusing. Thanks again for allowing me to read this!

Journal Entry 17 by Flambard at RABCK, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (9/13/2014 UTC) at RABCK, By Post -- Controlled Releases

To USA

Journal Entry 18 by eastbaybookmisr at Oakland, California USA on Friday, September 26, 2014

"Caught" this in the mail yesterday as a Wishlist RABCK! Thank you!

2002 Hyperion paperback of the 2001 national bestseller mystery. This was on my list of best modern mysteries to read.

I can let this go after I read:
1985 Laguna Heat [read 2009]