corner corner Eleven

Eleven
by Patricia Highsmith | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by jules5 of Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on 6/17/2011

status (set by smurphie): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by jules5 from Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Friday, June 17, 2011

Read her 'little tales of misogyny'...an intriguing author

Journal Entry 2 by jules5 at Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Saturday, June 25, 2011

A brilliant series of short stories, some truly macabre (what's with all the snails!!) to the seriously disturbing like The Heroine.Unlike other short story writers, I find this author takes her stories right to the end, you don't need anymore and you're never left feeling cheated out of a good ending. The Graham Greene introduction surprised me as I didn't realise Patricia Highsmith was a heavyweight ..but then i read she also wrote 'The Talented Mr Ripley'. For me, my favourite was When the Fleet was in at Mobile..it's heartbreaking.

Journal Entry 3 by jules5 at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (10/21/2011 UTC) at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom

Sent to the winner of the Halloween sweepstakes. Sorry it's a bit early, on holiday around that time. Though strictly not spooky, it's more a series of horror tales which could make you feel a bit spooky..you'll never look at a snail quite the same!

Journal Entry 4 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Received in the Hallowe'en sweeps. Thank you, jules5!

Journal Entry 5 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Received in the Hallowe'en sweeps. Thank you, jules5!

Journal Entry 6 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, October 14, 2012

A collection of short stories. I'd read 'The Terrapin' before and enjoyed it, in a creepy twisted kind of way, and the collection contained some other gems. 'Creepy and twisted' covers most of them, though Highsmith also goes for more overt horror (giant man-eating snails!) and more subtle disturbance. I enjoyed this.

Journal Entry 7 by elstaplador at Halloween Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 15, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (10/15/2012 UTC) at Halloween Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

Sending to the winner of the Hallowe'en sweepstake. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by smurphie at Banchory, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Arrived today it appears I am one of the winners of the Halloween Sweepstakes :o)