corner corner One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
by Ken Kesey | Literature & Fiction
Registered by marko167 of Sant Pere de Ribes, Barcelona Spain on 6/17/2011

status (set by black_rain): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by marko167 from Sant Pere de Ribes, Barcelona Spain on Friday, June 17, 2011

Been sitting on my shelf for ages.

Journal Entry 2 by marko167 at Sitges, Barcelona Spain on Friday, June 17, 2011

I approached this book with some trepidation. As much as I like and admire many of the beatniks and hipsters from the '60s. I have sometimes found their writings to be a little difficult to appreciate. I am thinking of the guys like Robert Anton Wilson, Jack Keroac and Timothy Leary etc.

So here we have the founder of the Merry Pranksters and his first novel. GULP!

What a pleasant surprise! An easy read, funny and tragic and whilst tinged with political and philosophical satire not at all too worthy or drug hazed. In fact the book feels like it could have been written two weeks ago as opposed to 48 years ago which makes it a modern masterpiece.

Journal Entry 3 by marko167 at Sant Pere de Ribes, Barcelona Spain on Friday, November 25, 2011

Oh man! This book has been selected to be part of the BC Monopoly challenge. Team Boot had to complete a Yellow release and decided to consult Bally on what we should do.

Ballly felt that things were getting real heavy in the forums, man... you know, people getting all competitive and all. There are conspiracy theories, accusations of lack of coolness, you know what I mean man? Well Bally needs to chill! So he´s going for a Mellow Yellow release.

Well this book was written by a dude, my man Ken who was friends with star man Timothy Leary and cosmic man Robert Anton Wilson. In between writing books, book man Ken toured with his friend the Merry Pranksters, you know just chilling and expanding their minds until they were just ... you know WOW... far out man!

Journal Entry 4 by marko167 at Calle Bonaire in Sitges, Barcelona Spain on Friday, November 25, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/25/2011 UTC) at Calle Bonaire in Sitges, Barcelona Spain

Well man the book is going to be let free at the shop of all things Mary-Jo and Juana related on calle Bonaire in Sitges.

If you find this book, be cool and do let us know what you think of it by posting here. You don't have to do anything heavy like fill forms or anything man, but we would welcome you to our group, cause we're really friendly and stuff man.

Journal Entry 5 by black_rain at Sitges, Barcelona Spain on Friday, November 25, 2011

Encontré el libro, no se me da muy bien el ingles, pero haré una intentona, sino en cuanto lo liberé, lo publico. Me encantó la idea bookcrossing!!