corner corner The Naked Mole-Rat Letters

The Naked Mole-Rat Letters
by Mary Amato | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingbookczukwing of Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, June 15, 2011

status (set by bookczuk): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Thursday, December 08, 2011

From a Friends of the Library sale.

Maisie Dobbs and I have kind of a love hate relationship. I like the cosy mystery aspect and the setting between the wars, but she's a little too new age for me despite the time setting. I realize I should think instead that she's a woman ahead of her time, but when she takes a centering breath, I roll my eyes. It's very convenient that her mentor or her patron seem to know all the essentials and right people to introduce her to so that she can solve her case or help someone in despair.

I think I've seen The White Feather and The Four Feathers each too often to not guess what was going on here early on. Maybe I'll give Daisy a miss for a bit, despite the things I enjoy about the books.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookczukwing at Charleston Area classroom bookshelf (details in notes) in -- Wild Released somewhere in state --, South Carolina USA on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (9/24/2012 UTC) at Charleston Area classroom bookshelf (details in notes) in -- Wild Released somewhere in state --, South Carolina USA

Nice use of emails and text to illustrate some life-lessons and to tell the story of the growing relationship between a middle schooler, and her father's long distance new lady-friend.

This book is going to stock the shelves of a local teacher's classroom. Hope it finds new readers who will enjoy it!

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, there may be local BookCrossers who meet regularly in your area. Come join us!