corner corner Election

Election
by Tom Perrotta | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingedithdollwing of Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, June 14, 2011

status (set by haahaahaa98): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingedithdollwing from Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, June 14, 2011

This book has been on my reading list for so long and I stubbornly waited because I wanted it to the be the 1st Perrotta book to read via my list. Happened upon it at Boomerangs new Central Square Cambridge location. It's a bit ironic reading a book after so long post movie Hollywood adaption and hearing Tom Perrotta speak twice now on literally panels. The last time at the Fall 2010 Boston Book festival where he admitted the film director hijacked one of the main characters and made his own version, which I agree with to a point...although I think they are all versions of Lolita but I'm putting off that book for confirmation for a little bit more. He also said he visited the set and met actor Matthew Broderick who quipped: "There's a book?" Which post-reading and having previously seen the film, rings even sadder to me. It's an interesting book set from all different points of view. Setting aside for the June 2011 Boston bookcrossing meetup!

Journal Entry 2 by KatrinR at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

picked up at june, 2011 bookcrossing meetup in cambridge, ma at algiers coffee house

Journal Entry 3 by KatrinR at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

to be released at july, 2011 bookcrossing meetup in cambridge, ma at algiers coffee house

Journal Entry 4 by wingedithdollwing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Returned to Meetup, no takers in July. Holding for now.

Journal Entry 5 by wingedithdollwing at Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Released at the December 2011 meetup...

Journal Entry 6 by southbos3279 at Boston, Massachusetts USA on Monday, June 11, 2012

'Election' is the best of the three Tom Perrotta novels I've read. Well-written and completely held my interest (read in one day), even though seeing the film gave me an idea how everything would unfold. But the ending is completely different and satisfying (the book ending would not have worked on film). Tracy Flick is also a more empathetic in the novel, although Reese Witherspoon plays a wonderfully self-serving Tracy in the movie.

Journal Entry 7 by southbos3279 at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Monday, June 11, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/12/2012 UTC) at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Being released at the June 2012 Boston Bookcrossing Meetup in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA.

Journal Entry 8 by amyem at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I picked this up at the July Boston Bookcrossers MeetUp and it is bound for a stay at the work book sharing shelf.

Journal Entry 9 by amyem at CfA Book Sharing Shelf in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/7/2012 UTC) at CfA Book Sharing Shelf in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Released to the work book sharing shelf

Journal Entry 10 by amyem at Algiers, 40 Brattle Street, Harvard Sq. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (12/12/2012 UTC) at Algiers, 40 Brattle Street, Harvard Sq. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Planned for release at December 2012 Boston Bookcrossers Meetup

Journal Entry 11 by haahaahaa98 at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Orphaned at local bc meeting - will release soon!

Journal Entry 12 by haahaahaa98 at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (1/9/2013 UTC) at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA