corner corner Jingo: Yet Another Novel of Discworld

by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by BlossomU on 9/25/2003

status (set by Tuz): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by BlossomU on Thursday, September 25, 2003

A beat up paperback copy of one of my favorite Pratchett novels. The Discworld's equivalent of Atlantis rises again, and somehow Sam Vimes has to stop a war from happening.

Levei o livro para o encontro da Mediateca, e organizou-se logo um bookray para o livro

1 - powerslave
6 - amostrinha
7 - tho
8 - Tuz, Brasil

10 - mfa

e se mais alguém estiver interessado em ler o livro, por favor que me contacte.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, October 05, 2003

6 tho
7 mfa

Journal Entry 3 by powerslave on Thursday, February 12, 2004

This time the City Watch is somehow different

Very good book! The details which Terry Pratchett uses in his books are supreme. This particular one is incredibly good, the usual characters, Samuel Vimes, Carrot, Angua and every single one in City Watch are as usual extremly fun. Vetinari is, as always, one little step ahead of everyone else. Jingo has some foreigner characteres like 71-hour Ahmed that give some incertainty to the story.
Do read this one if you are a fan of the Discworld series and in particular a fan of City Watch.

Journal Entry 4 by powerslave at on Thursday, February 26, 2004

Release planned for Wednesday, March 03, 2004 at Atrium Saldanha, junto ao piano in Lisboa, lisboa Portugal.

Vai ser entregue a BCer mady para seguir o seu bookring para o jneves

Journal Entry 5 by jneves on Saturday, March 13, 2004

Um mundo estranho, uma ilha que aparece do fundo do mar, dois países a preparar-se para a guerra, e um capitão da polícia em mãos com um homicídio que decorreu, literalmente, nas suas costas. Um livro num universo estranho que provoca gargalhadas regulares.

Journal Entry 6 by mady from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I couldn't finish this book, I can't really say why... The story didn't catch me in the beginning and then I found myself reading it "just because". So I decided to stop and move on... :( I hope the next readers will enjoy it more than I did!
I'll now try to contact the next person on the bookring.

Journal Entry 7 by AlShamaar from Vialonga, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Antes de mais desculpem pelo atraso, mas a minha vida anda de "pantanas"!

Eu já conhecia o Discworld de um jogo de PC (acho que ainda o tenho), mas este livro é demais, muito engraçado, hilário até!

Gostei muito. Há mais????

Journal Entry 8 by tho on Sunday, February 13, 2005

Está comigo :-) Para ler em breve ....

Journal Entry 9 by tho on Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Well, mady, you were not the only one ... I couldn't get into this one either :-( It seems I'm very particular with the Discworld novels I read .. I mean, I loved "Witches abroad", "Wyrd sisters", "Lords and ladies" and even "Mort"... didn't enjoy "Pyramids" or "Eric" that much .. but this is the first one where I had to skip chapters to keep going on. The story didn't engage me in the least, and all those characters were just too confusing ... I think I might be taking a break from Mr Pratchett's books for a while, clearly I'm not in the right mood to appreciate them ;-)

Will be mailed to the next person asap ...

Journal Entry 10 by Tuz from Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais Brazil on Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Arrived yesterday in Brazil, safe and sound!

UPDATE FEBRUARY 29, 2009

I'm sorry for being terribly late with this book! But now I'm ready to release it since mfa is not interested in it anymore.

Journal Entry 11 by Tuz at Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais Brazil on Monday, March 09, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (3/9/2009 UTC) at Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais Brazil

I handed this book to a friend of mine who's an avid Pratchett reader, and I hope he likes it! :) I also hope many people can read it too! Bye little book, have a nice and safe trip!