corner corner Ladysmith

Ladysmith
by Giles Foden | Literature & Fiction
Registered by lellie of Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on 9/14/2003

status (set by Thelittlebear): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by lellie from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Sunday, September 14, 2003

This is one of my husbands and I haven't read it, but he really enjoyed it.
Boer war, a good gripping peice of fiction based on fact.
A novel which takes a wry look at the horrors and contradictions of the Boer War. Through the eyes of young Bella McCann readers follow the siege of Ladysmith, its aftermath, and her own journey away from the strictures of 19th-century society, towards independence.

Journal Entry 2 by lellie from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Offered on the relay site and mailed today to LeighBCD

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD on Saturday, May 22, 2004

Redhouse, thank you so much... I have never read any of Giles Foden's books but I thought this sounded interesting. I have a HUGE TBR pile filled with lots of bookray books at the moment so I am not sure when I will get around to reading this - however, I will definitely make a journal entry once I do. Thanks again!

Journal Entry 4 by LeighBCD on Monday, July 31, 2006

I have had this book for such a long time! :-) I finally started to read it about a week ago and I cannot get into it for some reason. It is a shame because I really liked the subject matter - the Boer War - as it is not a topic that is regularly covered in literature.

I will probably release this book into the wild. Thanks again for the book relay!

Journal Entry 5 by LeighBCD on Friday, February 16, 2007

time to release this into the wild...

Journal Entry 6 by LeighBCD at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, February 16, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (2/16/2007 UTC) at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom

Left by the bus-stop this morning. The book had disappeared by the time I returned this evenign - fingers crossed that this means that someone has found it and is reading it, maybe even this minute? Hope so - welcome to Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 7 by Thelittlebear from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, February 17, 2007

Caught this at the bus stop on Nightingale Lane on my way to work. Great way to start the day! Started reading it straight away and am hooked into it already - so thank you LeighBCD! Will leave more comments when I've finished.