corner corner Breathers: A Zombie's Lament

by S. G. Browne | Literature & Fiction
Registered by AKSarah of Fairbanks, Alaska USA on 5/26/2011

status (set by FortHuntLFL): available

Journal Entry 1 by AKSarah from Fairbanks, Alaska USA on Thursday, May 26, 2011

Even though I checked this book out from the library several months ago, read it and loved it....I picked it up from Forget-Me-Not Used Books today. Great story of tolerance and acceptance, or lack thereof, told from a zombie's point of view.

Journal Entry 2 by AKSarah at Fairbanks, Alaska USA on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (8/17/2011 UTC) at Fairbanks, Alaska USA

Mailed to Firegirl. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingFiregirlwing at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Sunday, August 21, 2011

This arrived today, thanks much for the trade! I've sent your books media mail so they may be a bit longer yet. Hope you enjoy them and thanks again. This looks to be a hoot and may just be my next read.

Journal Entry 4 by wingFiregirlwing at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I had a fun time with this one! Not the usual zombie story -- in this one zombie-ness isn't contagious. When people die, some reanimate and some don't, for some unknown reason. Zombies have been around a long time but are still treated as second (if not third) class citizens. They aren't savage, mindless monsters, merely reanimated humans trying to get by, sometimes with the help of support groups and therapists. As AKSarah said, it's a good story of injustice and the fight for human (or in this case, zombie) rights. And it ended different than I was expecting, which is always fun for me.

My boyfriend wants to read this one before I pass it on.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmelydiawing at Centreville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Picked this up at the last BCinDC meetup. Looks interesting.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmelydiawing at Centreville, Virginia USA on Friday, June 30, 2017

A man wakes up to discover his parents in the refrigerator. Turns out this man is also a zombie. It's complicated. And kind of ridiculous. Andy is part of Undead Anonymous, a support group for the recently undeceased in a world where zombies are spat on and abused by the living, called Breathers. Do you have to be alive to have friends, get basic freedoms, fall in love? Andy intends to find out. If you are squeamish about decomposing flesh described in great detail, well, you might want to skip this one. But if you like horror-comedy, you'll probably get a kick out of this. I certainly did.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmelydiawing at Potbelly Sandwiches (Crystal City) in Arlington, Virginia USA on Saturday, July 15, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (7/15/2017 UTC) at Potbelly Sandwiches (Crystal City) in Arlington, Virginia USA

Bringing to today's BCinDC meetup. I hope it doesn't come home with me!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 8 by FortHuntLFL at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, July 15, 2017

Thought this book looked like an interesting selection. I am going to place it in the Little Free Library once it opens.