corner corner Angels

Angels
by Marian Keyes | Humor
Registered by winglauraloo29wing of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 21, 2011

status (set by 3vie): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 21, 2011

"We will shortly be landing at Los Angeles International Airport. Please ensure your seat is in the upright position, that you weigh less than a hundred pounds and that you have excellent teeth."

Maggie Walsh has always done everything right. Sensibly. By the book. Thirty-three and married to Garv for nine years, Maggie 'never did any of that nasty sleeping around business', as her mother never tires of telling people. She has a good job, is responsible with money and never puts a foot wrong. Until the day she runs away to Hollywood, that is, leaving her husband in the lurch.

In LA Maggie finds that life couldn't be more different. The primping, preening and partying are non-stop and even the palm trees are skinny. Staying with her best friend Emily, a struggling screenwriter, Maggie starts doing things she's never done before. Like wearing tights on her head, mixing with film stars - even pitching scripts to studios - and much, much more. Including meeting the mysterious Troy, a man so non-stick he's known as Human Teflon.

Follow Maggie on a journey of discovery, from suburbia to a suntan - taking in some heartache and lots of martinis along the way - as she discovers what she really wants in life and why she really walked out of her marriage...

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 26, 2011

I am sending this out as a bookray. The last person if free to release as they wish.

1. zinat1 - Germany (Intl)
2. rodespringbal - Belgium (Europe)
3. Kayellbee - UK (UK) - no response

Journal Entry 3 by zinat1 at Elsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Landed in Germany today... thx for sending it to me. I'll read it asap!!!

Journal Entry 4 by zinat1 at Elsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Well.. to be honest, I just don't know what to post here.
That book travelled a long way and I just couldn't finish it because it bored me to death. I really tried to feel good with the story but after 200 pages - I just stopped reading. Nothing really happend untill the middle of the book.
It's a shame because I love Marian Keyes...

Ready to travel on...

Journal Entry 5 by zinat1 at Elsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, October 07, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (10/7/2011 UTC) at Elsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Will be travelling to belgium tomorrow ;-)

Journal Entry 6 by wingrodespringbalwing at Moerbeke-Waas, Oost-Vlaanderen / Flandre Orientale Belgium on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Arrived in a big box :) thank you :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingrodespringbalwing at Moerbeke-Waas, Oost-Vlaanderen / Flandre Orientale Belgium on Saturday, January 07, 2012

will send this book to the next reader: Kayellbee.
Sorry that it took so long, holidays and everything... lots to do and sometimes forgetting about BC

save trip

_____________
didn't recieved any email after a lot of trying :s sorry, the book is still with me.

_____________

This book is going on a trip with an other book (the A-book ring)

Journal Entry 8 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, April 26, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (4/27/2012 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

After a very short stop at my place this book continues its travels in the Bookring for books starting with the letter A.
Despite I made the release note now, I didn't pick it (messed up with making a JE to the right book....) Sorry!

Safe travels. little book and happy reading to whomever picks it!

Journal Entry 9 by 3vie at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This is my choice from the A book ring. Im looking forward to reading it.