corner corner The Jasmine Moon Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery)

Free as a bird

The Jasmine Moon Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery)
by Laura Childs | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingbookstogivewing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 5/19/2011

status (set by Appelsiini): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

This book is available and will be released soon into the wild

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (11/2/2011 UTC) at Taneytown, Maryland USA

Released as part of the Birthday Party RABCK, Congrats and Happy Birthday to you. I hope you enjoy this Wishlist book.

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels around from reader to reader.

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. If you choose to join please consider using meBOOKSTOGIVE
as your referring member. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thanks so much for this wishlist book, Bookstogive. I've been looking for this one for a while, and I'm looking forward to spending more time with the tea series soon. Thanks for all the extra labels and other goodies too.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Saturday, March 03, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I checked back on my book records, and it's been nearly 5 years since I read English Breakfast Murder (the previous book in this series). My, how time flies when there are plenty of books!

This book has lovable, well-developed characters, lots of Charleston flavor, and an intriguing mystery. All the elements of a well-written cozy. Thanks so much to Bookstogive for sending this my way. Not sure yet where this will be going, but it will travel.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (6/6/2012 UTC) at Taneytown, Maryland USA

Sent this off on an international RABCK today, to fulfill a wishlist tag. Hope the next reader enjoys it!

Journal Entry 6 by kirjakko at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thanks for not one, but two wishlist books! I've read several of these Tea Shop mysteries and although the plot may not always be the cleverest I do like the atmosphere of the Indigo Tea Shop. Never tried any of the recipes on the back, though.

Journal Entry 7 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, October 21, 2012

Making more than a mental note that I've tagged Annimanni with this book, which thus climbs higher on my Mnt.TBR.

Journal Entry 8 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Since my last journal entry I have learned that maryzee, who sent me this book, has passed away in September. So sad. As far as I know, there was no murder involved!

I did like the book, it was better than many of Ms Childs's other Teashop mysteries. I love the Indigo Teashop and keep returning there even if some plots have not been that great.
This time, however, I had to contact the writer throught her website. I might save her dogs life! She tells how Earl Grey is given kibbles, raisins, banana and yogurt. If this is something she feeds to her own dog, it may end up with acute renal failure due to raisin poisoning. No kidding. Never feed your dog raisins or grapes (raisins are more potent). Some may tolerate them, but some do not and why risk it. Even a small amount can be lethal.
I also pointed out to her that diabetic coma is not a cause of sudden death. It usually takes months of untreated diabetes (which gives you enough warning signals to react) before you eventually fall into coma, which, if still untreated, may lead to death. What the writer must have meant is insulin shock,which leads to more rapid death unless the patient gets glucose. The body can tolerate high blood glucose much better than low. You can actually kill anybody with insulin, if you prevent them from getting sugar / honey etc.

That was all I said to Ms Childs. Here I like to comment that I'm glad to say you can't order Fentanyl by post in Finland. It is classified as a drug (a strong painkiller which affects the central nervous system) and doctors and vets need to keep special drug-bookkeeping if they administer or prescribe it. Yet there are always ways of drugs ending up into black market, but it is certainly not an easily accessable drug here.
The tea and cookie -selection described in the book was as delicious as ever, several pots of tea were consumed during reading it and once I was so in need of something yammy I had to ransack my cupboards and found a jar of Orange Curd with a hint of Ginger. My my, that on a slightly salty biscuit was shear heaven!!
I'm taking this book to oofiri, as I can't make it to the next Helsinki meet-up. As said before, I've tagged Annimanni with it.

Journal Entry 9 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, November 09, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (11/9/2012 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I left the book behind oofiri's door, she kindly promised to take it to the meet-up (to Annimanni).

Journal Entry 10 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Book received with warm thanks :)

Journal Entry 11 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, January 04, 2013

This was my third Tea Shop Mystery and I'm still enjoying the series very much, although I fear the standards have already started slipping with this installment (as often happens with these multi-book series), i.e. with a bit more rigorous editing the story would have become tighter and the flow better. That said, I'm not giving up on this series yet ;)

Journal Entry 12 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, January 07, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/8/2013 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Off to soozreader as part of the wishlist tag game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 13 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Thank you very much for this wishlist book, it really cheered me up:)

Journal Entry 14 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Monday, July 01, 2013

I think reading a cozy mystery was just what I needed at the moment:) As always I enjoyed this Tea Shop mystery though this time I had to enjoy it with some iced tea as the weather this summer has been oddly warm...:D

This book will continue its journey in Finland as soon as I manage to get to the post office:)

Journal Entry 15 by wingSoozreaderwing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (7/5/2013 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

The book is on its way to the next reader! Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 16 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Thank you very much! Nice series, so I am sure I will enjoy this too!

Journal Entry 17 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Monday, February 24, 2014

Nice again :) I just finished the previous one on the series, and wanted to read one more - but now I think too much cozy mysteries are too much.. so the next one will have to wait for a bit.

Journal Entry 18 by Chania at Nivala, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (3/1/2014 UTC) at Nivala, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland

Sending this to Koivula5 now!

Journal Entry 19 by Koivula5 at Nivala, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Friday, February 06, 2015

As someone wrote earlier, you need to have tea and something good there when you read this :) I enjoy these cosy mysteries (not blood and violence everywhere all the time). I finished reading but I will get back to the recipe section in the end...

Journal Entry 20 by Koivula5 at Nivala, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Saturday, May 09, 2015

To the winner of the April sweepstake.

Journal Entry 21 by Appelsiini at Lempäälä, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Thanks Koivula5! Tea + mystery = perfect combination!