corner corner The Good Women of China

The Good Women of China
by Xinran | Literature & Fiction
Registered by bloedengel of Vosselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on 5/19/2011

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by bloedengel from Vosselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, May 19, 2011

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)

Journal Entry 2 by bloedengel at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (6/7/2011 UTC) at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

chosen out of the world / global village virtual bookbox organised by Shroffland / Apoloniax.
Enjoy ! ! ! !

Journal Entry 3 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 25, 2011

This book,which I chose from Shroffland's & ApoloniaX's Global Village VBB Vol. II, has arrived. Thank you very much, Bloedengel!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Thursday, September 06, 2012

This was an excellent collection of stories about the women of China, many of whom shared experiences about the Cultural Revolution. Some of the stories were deeply disturbing, but ultimately, they were inspirational when one considers the strength shown by the women who had to endure the injustices described in the book. I also found it interesting to read about Xinran's own story and the difficulties a journalist, especially one investigating women's issues, must face in China.

Thanks again, Bloedengel, for registering this book and sending it this way!

I will be sending the book to hyphen8 shortly, who I tagged in a wishlist game.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Friday, September 14, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (9/14/2012 UTC) at Waterloo, Ontario Canada

I've sent this off to hyphen8. I hope you enjoy these stories as much as I did!

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, September 22, 2012

A book about China, registered in Belgium and sent to Hawaii by way of Canada: I love BookCrossing! :D

Received today as a wishlist tag - thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, June 15, 2013

Time for this one to move on; I like the cover art.

Journal Entry 8 by winghyphen8wing at Little Village Noodle House in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, June 16, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/15/2013 UTC) at Little Village Noodle House in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

This book went to lunch with TOC at Little Village and didn't come home with me. Happy reading!

Released for Secretariat's 2013 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (week 23).

Thanks for finding this book!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn what it has to offer.

Freed any good books lately? It's good for the circulation. :)