corner corner Best Poems of the Brontë Sisters (Dover Thrift Editions)

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Book Description
Publication Date: April 14, 1997 | Series: Dover Thrift Editions
Careful selection of 47 poems by talented literary siblings. Twenty-three poems by Emily (including "Faith and Despondency" and "No Coward Soul is Mine"), 14 poems by Anne (including "The Penitent" and "If This Be All") and 10 poems by Charlotte (including "Presentiment" and "Passion"). Reproduced from standard editions. Publisher's Note.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (3/18/2013 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Sent to the 2013 annual convention in Göteborg.

Journal Entry 3 by wingDeepswampwing at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Saturday, April 20, 2013

I'm happy to found this at the convention!

Journal Entry 4 by wingDeepswampwing at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Monday, April 22, 2013

Found this on the book buffet at the convention in Göteborg and decided to take it home for a while.

Journal Entry 5 by wingDeepswampwing at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (7/25/2013 UTC) at Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden

Fits in a tree with books?

Journal Entry 6 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Thursday, August 08, 2013

The flowers on the cover will fit the tree beautifully.

Journal Entry 7 by wingHaugtussawing at Dalsnuten in Sandnes, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/17/2013 UTC) at Dalsnuten in Sandnes, Rogaland fylke Norway

Sluppet fri i et boktre.

This book takes part in The First Unofficial Bookcrossing Olympics in the event of rowing - release a book registered by someone else.

Velkommen til BookCrossing!

Takk for at du fant boka.
Vær vennlig å skriv en kommentar på www.bookcrossing.com, så får vi vite hva som har skjedd med boka.
Du kan være anonym om du vil eller enda kjekkere: bli medlem (det er gratis).
Om du leser boka så kan du skrive hva du synes om den.
Om du slipper den fri igjen så fortell gjerne om det også.
Om du blir medlem så kan du få email som forteller hva som skjer med boka i fremtiden - spennende!

Er det noe du lurer på så sende gjerne et PM (personal message) til meg, Haugtussa, og spør.
Lykke til som bokkrysser.

Journal Entry 8 by winglunaciawing at Sandnes, Rogaland fylke Norway on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I love the Brontë sisters, and am delighted to have caught this!

Journal Entry 9 by winglunaciawing at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, November 10, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (11/10/2016 UTC) at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

Bringing this to today's meetup. It will go on the shelf if nobody wants it.

Journal Entry 10 by LeishaCamden at Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, January 06, 2017

The book went home with me from meetup. Looking forward to reading it. :-)

Journal Entry 11 by LeishaCamden at Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Finally read the book! Poetry isn't really my thing but I quite enjoyed these. Interesting to read more of the Brontës' writings. Now the book will maybe go with me to this year's BC con, we'll see if that pans out. :-)

Journal Entry 12 by LeishaCamden at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Friday, April 20, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (4/20/2018 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France

On the book buffet! :-)

Journal Entry 13 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Saturday, April 21, 2018

From the book buffet :-)

Journal Entry 14 by wingApoloniaXwing at Steglitz, Berlin Germany on Friday, May 25, 2018

I read a poem here and a poem there during the last weeks. Those two by Charlotte for her deceased sisters are heartbreaking - I wonder what beautiful novels they would have given to the world had they all lived longer.
What I hadn't known before I visited Haworth village and the parsonage where they lived was that their father Patrick Brontë survived the whole family - he saw his wife and all six children die.

Journal Entry 15 by wingApoloniaXwing at Steglitz, Berlin Germany on Friday, May 25, 2018

Released 4 wks ago (5/25/2018 UTC) at Steglitz, Berlin Germany

As this is such a well-travelled book it needs to travel some more and see another corner of the world. Off to Australia now.

Journal Entry 16 by jeniwren at Greigs Flat, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Received as a little extra with wishlist tag game book. A well travelled little volume of poetry and I shall be sure to make sure it continues to be shared internationally.
Thankyou for your generosity.