corner corner Where the Wild Things Are

by maurice sendak | Children's Books
Registered by Beecie of Westerville, Ohio USA on 5/11/2011

status (set by Beecie): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Beecie from Westerville, Ohio USA on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

One my son's (and my) favorites. Intended for a wild release in a children's play park.

Journal Entry 2 by Beecie at Playground at Maxtown and Spring in Westerville, Ohio USA on Saturday, May 14, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (5/14/2011 UTC) at Playground at Maxtown and Spring in Westerville, Ohio USA

As the first round in our Bookcrossing Monopoly game, Team Racecar needed to make a release at a playground. My 3 year old's FAVORITE playground is the big one at Spring and Maxtown in Westerville. It has everything! Great slides and things to climb on, loads of swings, a dancing light and music gizmo (you'll have to see it), loads of space to run, and best of all.....a GREAT sand pit for digging. I heard that the park planners put some interesting things in that sandbox for the kids to excavate as a surprise, so I decided that this release should be something for the kids to find, instead of the parents.

We decided on "Where the Wild Things Are" partly because it is on of my son's favorite books....and partly because this park really does seem to be where kids can be Wild Things for a little while. With help from my expert digger, the book was burried in the sad pit near the gazebo. We did put a pirate style X on it to mark the spot.....but we're not sure it lasted.

Happy Hunting!!