corner corner Shadows and Wind: A View of Modern Vietnam

Shadows and Wind: A View of Modern Vietnam
by Robert Templer | History
Registered by haahaahaa98 of Watertown, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, May 08, 2011

status (set by myngavo): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by haahaahaa98 from Watertown, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, May 08, 2011

Currently reading - a history of modern Vietnam, but with a personal touch. Curious as to what others will think.

Journal Entry 2 by haahaahaa98 at San Francisco, California USA on Monday, March 05, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/9/2012 UTC) at San Francisco, California USA

Will give to friend.

Journal Entry 3 by inaleuq at Berkeley, California USA on Sunday, March 11, 2012

Just got the book, excited to read it, especially since I visited Vietnam back in 2004.

Journal Entry 4 by inaleuq at Menlo Park, California USA on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/1/2012 UTC) at Menlo Park, California USA

I really enjoyed reading this overview of Vietnam in the late nineties, especially the latter half of the book when the author discusses social issues in Vietnam like religion and HIV/AIDS, as well as the emergence of an independent (and often alienated) Vietnam youth. I'm giving this book to my mother, I hope she enjoys it as much as I did and perhaps we can share differing perspectives on the topic.

Journal Entry 5 by myngavo at Menlo Park, California USA on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Received book