corner corner Mountain Solitudes: Solo Journeys in the Southern Alps of New Zealand

Mountain Solitudes: Solo Journeys in the Southern Alps of New Zealand
by Aat Vervoorn | Travel
Registered by Sfogs of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 5/6/2011

status (set by ResQgeek): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, May 06, 2011

The writing in this book is very deep and thought-provoking.
An amazing look at the isolated areas of the Southern Alps, in the South Island of New Zealand.

Journal Entry 2 by xvinneyx at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, November 12, 2011

A great story of a persons amazing efforts, glad it was them and not me.

Journal Entry 3 by Sfogs at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (11/2/2012 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Off to Hawaii~!!

Please send on as a RABCK, bookray etc when you have read it.
My books don't seem to do very well as wild releases :-)

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

This book arrived today in a generous surprise package from Sfogs. Thank you very much!

I love the cover photo. Even if I someday make it to New Zealand, I don't imagine I'll be doing a lot of mountain climbing..so I'll do some armchair traveling instead. :)

(Larger photo here.)

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Reserved for release to another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Hanover, Maryland USA on Friday, June 28, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/28/2013 UTC) at Hanover, Maryland USA

Shared with 6of8 during dinner at Arundel Mills Mall on Thursday 6/27.

Journal Entry 7 by wing6of8wing at Hanover, Maryland USA on Friday, June 28, 2013

Fun times at dinner last night with hyphen8 and she passed along some really cool books to share with the local group. My mother raised me on a series of books set in New Zealand and I have always wanted to visit there, so it was cool to see two books about two different aspects of that country.

Thanks for sharing the books and the macadamia nuts! They will go with me on Saturday to meet other folks passing through. Hope to see you again!

Journal Entry 8 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand - rings, RABCK, meetings, District of Columbia USA on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/29/2013 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand - rings, RABCK, meetings, District of Columbia USA

This book is headed off to the BCinDC meet-up today with Cat207 and her partner, who are visiting from Australia. I am sure it will go home with someone.

Journal Entry 9 by ResQgeek at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Today's meet up with the traveling BCers from Australia was fun! This book found its way into my bag before I left.

Journal Entry 10 by ResQgeek at Bethesda, Maryland USA on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (1/11/2015 UTC) at Bethesda, Maryland USA

I've decided that it is unlikely that this book is likely to rise to the top of the TBR pile anytime soon. Rather than letting it continue to collect dust here, I'm passing it along for someone else. This will be available at today's BC-in-DC meeting in Bethesda.