corner corner True Grit

True Grit
by Charles Portis | Westerns
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, May 02, 2011

status (set by ciloma): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Fourteen-year-old Mattie Ross is determined to avenge her father's murder, and she convinces U.S. Marshal Rooster Cogburn to help her.

This is the book that came before the movie(s). Mattie's quite a gal.

Journal Entry 2 by wingghirwing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, August 21, 2011

Claimed today at TOC lunch. Will read and pass along.

Excellent tale of a child looking to adults to be upstanding and do the right thing becoming the example she was expecting of others.

Back to TOC, 12/5/11.

Journal Entry 3 by wingdustyflintwing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, December 05, 2011

I released a copy of this not long ago - such a favorite that when I saw this copy at the TOC luncheon today I couldn't resist. I love it so much!

Journal Entry 4 by wingdustyflintwing at Ward Centre (details in notes) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/28/2012 UTC) at Ward Centre (details in notes) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

I love this book. LOVE IT.

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Picked this back up again at our TOC lunch at Ryan's today. It will probably go into one of the bookboxes headed my way.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, September 24, 2012

I haven't seen the movie, but I know there was at least one, so this book will be going out in GoryDetails's Based on the Book box once I have an address for the next person.

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (9/25/2012 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Went out in the Based on the Book box. Next stop: Kansas? Tennessee!

Journal Entry 8 by MoonBeach03 at Covington, Tennessee USA on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Grabbed this from the "Based on the book" book box. I believe I'm one of the few that has never seen this movie, old version or new. I tend to have a hard time reading a book once I've seen the movie, so I'm glad that I will be able to enjoy this without any preconceived notions of what the characters should be like. Thanks for adding this one!

Journal Entry 9 by MoonBeach03 at Covington, Tennessee USA on Thursday, March 07, 2013

I really enjoyed this book and all the characters, good and bad. They were all written with a bit of spunk and I smiled to myself while reading on more than one occassion. I might look into reading more from this author, and now that I've read the book I plan on watching the movie!

Journal Entry 10 by MoonBeach03 at Covington, Tennessee USA on Monday, March 11, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (3/12/2013 UTC) at Covington, Tennessee USA

This book is being released as a RABCK. Hope you enjoy the read, ciloma!

Journal Entry 11 by ciloma at Spirit Lake, Idaho USA on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Arrived safely in the mail today. Thanx a bunch!!