corner corner Stiff

Stiff
by mary roach | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingkeeta1wing of Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on 4/28/2011

status (set by Poobah1): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingkeeta1wing from Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, April 28, 2011

What happens to your body after you have died? Fertilizer? Crash Test Dummy? Human Dumpling? Ballistics Practise? Life after death is not as simple as it looks. Mary Roach's Stiff lifts the lid off what happens to our bodies once we have died. Bold, original and with a delightful eye for detail, Roach tells us everything we wanted to know about this new frontier in medical science. Interweaving present-day explorations with a history of past attempts to study what it means to be human Stiff is a deliciously dark investigations for readers of popular science as well as fans of the macabre

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Monday, June 20, 2011

I didn't find this book as amusing as some others did. Reading it felt a bit like being back in college.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkeeta1wing at Weesp, Netherlands -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (6/21/2011 UTC) at Weesp, Netherlands -- Controlled Releases

Team Train is sending this wishlist book to dutch-book, who is a member of Team Racecar, because we landed on the Community Bookshelf in the Monopoly Game 2011.
The book is going with a "body" and a "toe & tag" bookmark.

Journal Entry 4 by dutch-book at Weesp, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, June 24, 2011

OMG! I'm so happy to have received this book! I wanted to read this book for ages, because I'm really interested in death etc. I loved the toetag-bookmark. The body (doll) was happily received by my daughter, and although she is only two years old, she immediately started to dissect the arm from the body. Should I be worried now?
I want to thank you (Team Train) very much! I loved it!

Journal Entry 5 by dutch-book at Weesp, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, August 12, 2011

I've just finished it. It was quite interesting, but not as funny as Bonk.
This book will be going to someone who wished for it on the wishlist-tag-game.

Journal Entry 6 by dutch-book at Weesp, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (8/23/2011 UTC) at Weesp, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Hi, I tagged you! Enjoy...

Journal Entry 7 by Poobah1 at Lake Elmo, Minnesota USA on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Received in the mail today having just returned from a lovely week vacation along the North Shore of Minnesota. What a nice surprise. Thank you dutch-book. Your profile pic is always enjoyable to see for me...I loved Tracy Chevalier's Girl with a Pearl Earring.