corner corner The Halloween Man BOOKRAY!

The Halloween Man BOOKRAY!
by Douglas Clegg | Horror
Registered by mellion108 of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Thursday, September 11, 2003

status (set by mellion108): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Thursday, September 11, 2003

I read this when it came out a few years ago and loved it. If you haven't read anything by Clegg, then do so now! He is one of the hottest new (newish) horror authors on the scene. Spread the word!

From the back cover:
A TOWN WHERE IT RAINED BLOOD

The New England coastal town of Stonehaven had a history of nightmares--and dark secrets. But when Stony Crawford fell in love with beautiful Lourdes Maria Castillo, he became the unwitting pawn in a game of horror and darkness, a game that had been played since long before his birth.

NOW, EVIL STALKS THE NIGHT

The Halloween Man walks when the screaming begins, and only Stony Crawford holds the key to the chilling mystery of Stonehaven, and to the power of the unspeakable creature trapped within a summer mansion.

Journal Entry 2 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Friday, September 12, 2003

All Hallow's Read! Bookray!

In honor of what I consider to be the greatest holiday of the year, this one is being released in time for Halloween.

Mailing order for the bookray (mailed 09/25/03):

Journal Entry 3 by kymberlie from Spring, Texas USA on Sunday, October 05, 2003

Received this at some point while I was in the hospital. Going to start this as soon as I can so I can pass it on to the next person.

Journal Entry 4 by kymberlie from Spring, Texas USA on Sunday, November 02, 2003

I enjoyed this book a good deal, though for a while I wasn’t sure I knew where it was going. Luckily, the murky part of the plot cleared up and it was all the better for being a bit unclear. Clegg’s characters are very strong and the poignant way that he wrote about first love between Lourdes and Stony made me long to see them happy together.

At first I thought that I liked The Hour Before Dark (the last book I read by him) more, but the more I think about The Halloween Man, the more I like it and now I’m not sure that it might not be the better of the two. Highly recommended.

Journal Entry 5 by kymberlie from Spring, Texas USA on Monday, November 03, 2003

Mailed to MsPooh today. Hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by MsPooh from Georgetown, Texas USA on Friday, November 07, 2003

*WooHoo. Going to read this right away.

~~~Man, am I disappointed. I love D C books, but I could not get into this on. I really tried. I was surprised not to like this book. I sure hope every one else enjoys it.

Will send out to AuntK real soon.

Journal Entry 7 by AuntK from Albany, California USA on Thursday, December 04, 2003

Oh! I thought I'd made a "catch" entry when I first got this book... but I guess not (life's been a little crazy lately). I have about 20 pages to go... so I'll be sending it off soon.

This is great creepy book.... full of blood, longing, old stories and secrets. It's not my usual genre of choice, but I'm glad to do a little reading outside of my usual box!
__________________________

Sent onward to creep out the next reader!

Journal Entry 8 by h3yd00 on Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Found this waiting on me after the holidays. Cannot wait to read, will be next on my list!

Thanks again for starting this ring, Mel! :)

Journal Entry 9 by h3yd00 on Sunday, September 19, 2004

I have sent pm to next person on the list. Haven't been very active in the last year, lots of personal issues as well as pc. Many, many apologies. I honestly forgot I had it.

As an apology, I'm going to pick one of my personal collection and send out as a special bookring for all signed up on this one.

So sorry, once again.

Heather

Journal Entry 10 by h3yd00 on Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Here goes again. :) I will pm Debbie325 again, no reply last 2 times. Mel, if you check this, I've pm'd you as well, I don't know if you got them or not. I know the pm system is funny on here sometimes, but I am trying to get in touch with you guys on this one!

Journal Entry 11 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Hi h3yd00! I could have gotten your PMs, but I'm so overwhelmed with e-mail that they might have gotten lost in the shuffle!

Thanks for trying to pass along the book. If Debbie325 doesn't respond, then I guess you get to decide what to do with the book!

We miss ya on Horror Trades, h3yd00!