corner corner Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
by Susanna Clarke | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by gunvor of Herlev, København Amt Denmark on 4/27/2011

status (set by Nordpirat): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by gunvor from Herlev, København Amt Denmark on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In nineteenth-century England, all is going well for rich, reclusive Mr Norell, who has regained some of the power of England's magicians from the past, until a rival magician, Jonathan Strange, appears and becomes Mr Norrell's pupil.

Journal Entry 2 by gunvor at A RABCK!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (11/19/2011 UTC) at A RABCK!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

RABCK i forbindelse med mine 100 første wild releases - god læselyst.

Journal Entry 3 by Nordpirat at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Good heavens! 1000 pages!

I do want to read this book, but I think I have to be in exactly the right mood to be able to start and keep it up to the end, so it might take a little time before I start out.
But I will read it. Eventually.

Thank you gunvor!

Journal Entry 4 by Nordpirat at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I'm unsure what to think of this book.
It has been granted rewards, it's a best-seller and people think very high of it.
Still I'm not that enthusiastic. I think it seems a bit over-pretentious. I don't get particularly fond of the characters when reading. Probably because the book isn't written in a way so that one gets to know them. They seem more like pieces on a chessboard than human beings.
I don't get really caught up with the story itself either.
I feel I somewhat never get _into_ this story. It's more as if I'm slipping around on its surface.

Journal Entry 5 by Nordpirat at Espressohouse Vasagatan15 in Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Friday, August 30, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/30/2013 UTC) at Espressohouse Vasagatan15 in Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden

This book participates in the Bookcrossing Olympics.

Released by: Team Valhalla
Representing the event: Marathon - Read and release the longest book. You must start the book after 1st June, finish reading it and release it before 31st August. The book with the longest page count wins

This book has 1006 pages.