corner corner Pies and Prejudice: In Search of the North

Pies and Prejudice: In Search of the North
by Stuart Maconie | Travel
Registered by bradgirl of Saltaire, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/27/2011

status (set by headingleylad): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by bradgirl from Saltaire, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I picked this up from a charity shop in Stafford on the day of the Grand National. It has been on my wishlist for a while so when I saw it looking at me from the shelf, I just had to take it. I'm currently reading it, so won't be long until it is available for the next reader.

Journal Entry 2 by bradgirl at Bradford, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 04, 2011

I'm not sure if I just don't like non fiction enough or this wasn't very good. I like listening to Stuart Maconie on the radio do maybe I was expecting too much humour from the book. I found it really hard to get into and could hardly be bothered to finish it. I'm going to steer clear of his other books.

Journal Entry 3 by bradgirl at The Studio at The Alhambra in Bradford, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 12, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (5/12/2011 UTC) at The Studio at The Alhambra in Bradford, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Released by Team Scottie Dog for Turn One of Bookcrossing Monopoly.

Released at the Johnnie Walker show at The Studio by the Alhambra in Bradford.

Our theme is a musical release and you can't get more musical than two legends of Radio Two. Stuart Maconie (who wrote the book) and Johnnie Walker (whose gig tonight was celebrating his musical milestones!!).

Journal Entry 4 by headingleylad at Bradford, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Picked up at the Johnnie Walker evening at the Alhambra. Like Bradgirl I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would which is why it's taken me so long to finish in between reading other things. it's the sort of book which you can pick up, read a section and leave for some time. it doesn't make you read in large chunks. Has some good sections but not enough.

Released in the Headingley branch of Costa Coffee on 22 October 2011.