corner corner Dirty Sally (Dan Reles Mysteries)

Dirty Sally (Dan Reles Mysteries)
by Michael Simon | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingaetmwing of Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

status (set by Ametisti): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingaetmwing from Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A noir detective based in Austin, TX, Dan Reles is hunting for the murderer of a headless and limbless prostitute, nicknamed Dirty Sally. The year is 1988. Packages containing parts of her body start to show up around the town, and a link to the dirty underworld (corruption, prostitution, drugs) starts to show. Reles needs to resolve the case before his review is up, and he shouldn't spend too much time thinking about his ex-partner (who made a suicide after drinking and driving, and whose wife Reles doesn't surprisingly enough find annoying at all...).

Some of the places listed in the book I know - Magnolia Cafe, HEB stores...

Journal Entry 2 by wingaetmwing at Kamppi in Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/19/2012 UTC) at Kamppi in Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland

Will leave to be traveling or to be couriers to someone who wanted to read it (see the thread in forum, I think someone wished for this one)

Safe journey little book - I hope you'll make many new friends on your travels!

"Don't ever apologize to an author for buying something in paperback, or taking it out from a library (that's what they're there for. Use your library). Don't apologize to this author for buying books second hand, or getting them from bookcrossing or borrowing a friend's copy. What's important to me is that people read the books and enjoy them, and that, at some point in there, the book was bought by someone. And that people who like things, tell other people. The most important thing is that people read... "
— Neil Gaiman

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa Finland on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Thank you very much for this interesting book, Aetm!
I think I'll find new readers for this book. But I'll read it first myself. Or maybe my brother wants it first?

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnneliswing at Naistari in Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Friday, June 08, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Naistari in Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland

Kirja vapautuu Tampereen BC-kesäpäivien kirjapuffettiin. Jos kirja ei jatka matkaansa sieltä, se vapautuu Hervantaan viikonlopun aikana.
Lukuiloa kaikille tämän kirjan tuleville lukijoille!

Book will be released during The Bookcrossing Summer Meeting in Tampere.
Happy reading! :-)

Journal Entry 5 by Ametisti at Tampere, Pirkanmaa Finland on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Caught this book at the Summer 2012 Bookcrossing Meet-up in Tampere. This book will be on its way to Gambia via Sirah's charity container. Happy reading to new readers!

Journal Entry 6 by Ametisti at Rabck, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Gambia, the on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/31/2012 UTC) at Rabck, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Gambia, the

This book goes to build a school library in Gambia. Happy reading!