corner corner The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish

The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish
by Neil Gaiman | Children's Books
Registered by winglukutuoliwing of Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on 4/17/2011

status (set by vedranaster): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by winglukutuoliwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, April 17, 2011

I was really glad to find this book with CD from the flea market. TBR, but stays perhaps in my permanent collection.

Journal Entry 2 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, October 17, 2011

This was an marvellous story, I just loved to listen to the CD read by Neil Gaiman himself. I liked the pictures, too. I told about the story to my sons, who commented the dad in the book sounds the same as ours :) I suppose they'll read this book as well before it travels to Moriquen as a wishlist book.

Journal Entry 3 by winglukutuoliwing at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (10/20/2011 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

To Moriquen as a wishlist book - enjoy!!

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thank you so much for this book. I have high hopes for it! ;) If it is as good as I hope it is, I'll hand it over to my dad to read. (He teaches students who want to become primary school teachers, so he'll probably like it too!)

(reserved for vedranaster)

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, March 11, 2012

This is a funny little book. I would think this is indeed how children view adults trying to quietly read their newspaper or book. Being so interested in it that they would barely notice being traded of for two goldfish. But I would have preferred swapping one of my sisters. I had a spare one anyway! ;)
Thanks for sending it to me lukutuoli.

Journal Entry 6 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (3/29/2012 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to vedranaster as part of the wishlist-tag-game. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 7 by wingvedranasterwing at Zagreb: Donji grad (city centre), Zagreb City Croatia on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

This wonderful children's book arrived safe and sound this morning. Thanks, Moriquen! :)
Love the illustrations and the CD, which is playing in the background as I type this. I love it when Gaiman reads his own children's stories.

The kids remind me of my little niece. She's about to embark on this phase. ;)
And the dad is my dad, too... Only mine doesn't read the paper, he sits in front of the computer. *grin*

Will probably read this once or twice with my niece, and then send it on into the world.