corner corner Welcome to My Planet: Where English Is Sometimes Spoken

Welcome to My Planet: Where English Is Sometimes Spoken
by Shannon Olson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ekgv414 of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, April 14, 2011

status (set by innae): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by ekgv414 from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, April 14, 2011

Haven't read this yet. Going on a trip this weekend and taking this along, so I thought I'd register it in anticipation of a wild release if I finish it while I'm away.

Journal Entry 2 by ekgv414 at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I thought this would just be a fun/fluffy read, but it turned out to focus a lot on Shannon's relationship with her mother, and her 30th birthday... And I read it on my 30th birthday... flying to spend my birthday weekend with my own mother.

So it hit a bit closer to home than I expected.

Sending to HunterRyu in New Jersey. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingHunterRyuwing at Elk Township, New Jersey USA on Sunday, May 01, 2011

This arrived in my mailbox several days ago but there was some family/pet drama and I neglected to post right away. Thank you so much! And there was a CD in the envelope too?

Journal Entry 4 by wingHunterRyuwing at Elk Township, New Jersey USA on Saturday, April 28, 2012

I wasn't really a fan of the writing of this book. I just couldn't get into the author's style. However I read the entire thing because I could relate to the main character. We share a similar apathy for life, I guess you could call it. Hoping for a prince charming to rescue us from our monotony. Don't try hard enough to find a GOOD job, credit card debt, and not exactly stellar relationships. I almost felt like this book was written about me, just with the names changed for anonymity. I think it could be written better, but it was very captivating in the fact it didn't feel like fiction at all.

Journal Entry 5 by wingHunterRyuwing at Surprise RABCK in by Post, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 07, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/7/2012 UTC) at Surprise RABCK in by Post, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sending this as a surprise gift to a BC member who will either enjoy this book, or know exactly where to send it to be enjoyed! Or throw it in one of her many amazing bookboxes. Either way, happy travels to this little book :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingJennyC1230wing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thanks for thinking of me! I appreciate it. I tried reading another copy of this book and it didn't grab me either. Not sure if it was the writing style or the pacing, but I didn't finish it. I'm going to save this for a bookbox.

Journal Entry 7 by wingJennyC1230wing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, September 06, 2012

This book is starting out in the Books for Chicks Bookbox.

Journal Entry 8 by winginnaewing at Aurora, Colorado USA on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Taking out of JennyC1230's Chicks bookbox