corner corner Suite Scarlett

Suite Scarlett
by Maureen Johnson | Audiobooks
Registered by BCinDC of Washington, District of Columbia USA on 4/12/2011

status (set by alkaline-kiwi): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BCinDC from Washington, District of Columbia USA on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This was sent to us for a raffle prize.

It's a book on 1 CD as MP3 tracks.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I read this just a week or two ago and already got the second book in the series out of the library :-)

I've followed Maureen Johnson on Twitter for more than a year now because she's a friend of one of my favorite writers. And she is crazy awesome in her own right. I'd never had a chance to read any of her novels before (though I'd read a short story or two in collections).

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and its characters. Scarlett spends the whole book talking us into how boring it really is to live in a hotel your family owns and operates. But no matter how much she tells us this, I can't believe it--not with the hotel and family she has! Each of her family members is interesting and complex, from a younger sister who survived Cancer to an older brother desperate to make it as an actor in New York City.

The story has the necessary complications and the formulatic romance that a young adult novel seems to need. But, even so, the plot is highly enjoyable to follow. You wonder how it's all going to work out and then, in the end, everything is so perfect you wonder how you didn't see it from the start :-)

Journal Entry 3 by BCinDC at 2011 BookCrossing Convention in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (4/15/2011 UTC) at 2011 BookCrossing Convention in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA

This book will be released at the 2011 BookCrossing Convention

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, April 21, 2011

Won in the audiobook raffle at the DC convention.

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, November 13, 2011

A really fun story!

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 6 by alkaline-kiwi at Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Monday, November 21, 2011

I also follow the author on twitter and this will be the first novel of hers that I have 'read' though have read a couple of short stories.
Looking forward to listening to this one.