corner corner The Mummy or Ramses the Damned

The Mummy or Ramses the Damned
by Anne Rice | Horror
Registered by jamieh2003 of Wiley Ford, West Virginia USA on 9/9/2003

status (set by GailRogan): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by jamieh2003 from Wiley Ford, West Virginia USA on Tuesday, September 09, 2003

One of the best of Anne Rices entries into the gothic horror genre.

Journal Entry 2 by jamieh2003 from Wiley Ford, West Virginia USA on Sunday, September 21, 2003

Promised to BlossomU

Journal Entry 3 by BlossomU on Friday, November 21, 2003

Book has just arrived, many thanks, Jamie! I now will change the journal entry for the other copy of the Mummy into this one

fflloorr, Portugal

escalla, Portugal
vi0let, Finland
LeighBCD, UK
vinyldoll, Portugal

And if anybody else is interested in joining this bookray, please let me know!

Journal Entry 4 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Saturday, November 29, 2003

It's with me! :-)
[20/01/2004]
I just loved the book. I find myself with mixed feelings towards Ramses. I don't know if I like him, feel pity for him or like him. He's a very controversial character.
The book is now going to Arina. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by Arina from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Sunday, February 08, 2004

I've got it from fflloorr and i'm already on it...

Journal Entry 6 by Arina from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, April 13, 2004

I really enjoyed this book. It's quite a page turner once you get to it. Now, it will go off to Virgulina (hopefully tomorrow). Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by terpsicore from Algés, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Thursday, May 06, 2004

Was passed to me yesterday because Virgulina is up to her head in bookrings.I coud not resist starting it.

Journal Entry 8 by terpsicore from Algés, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Sunday, May 23, 2004

Great read!I first felt transported to the Hammer House of Horror films,but more romantic ( the never dying love really reminds us of Ridder Haggard's She).
And we have the point of view of the Mummy,it's feelings and anxieties.
Goes to Moimeme next

Journal Entry 9 by Moimeme on Tuesday, June 15, 2004

This book has been with me for two weeks now, but i forgot to register it. I'll read it as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 10 by Moimeme on Monday, July 12, 2004

I really enjoyed this book. I would love to meet Ramses;)This was my first Anne Rice book and I was expecting it to be a little more exciting, but it was problably just because my expectations were a little too high. It goes to Virgulina soon.

Journal Entry 11 by usedtobe on Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Received today from Moimeme. It has been a while since I read a book by Anne Rice and I'm curious about this one. :)

Journal Entry 12 by usedtobe on Wednesday, August 04, 2004

This was a light and fast paced read and very different from the Vampire Chronicles. Although I wouldn't say it is a masterpiece, it is certainly a very enjoyable book, if you're looking for something not very demanding and fun. I would love to meet Ramses as he seems to be very charming and handsome, even for a mummy. ;o)
Thanks for this BookRing BlossomU

Journal Entry 13 by tho on Wednesday, August 04, 2004

My first Anne Rice book - to be read soon :-)

Journal Entry 14 by tho on Friday, September 10, 2004

I was expecting a bit more of this book - it was a good read, especially the first half, but after that it became a bit predictable ... Humm, would love to read some more on this Ramses, though, he's quite a character ;-)

Will be passed on to Escalla very soon.

Journal Entry 15 by Escalla from Lisboa - Parque das Nações, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Saturday, September 18, 2004

I enjoyed this book, it is very different from the Vampire Chronicles!
I recommend it!

Journal Entry 16 by vi0let from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I received The Mummy in the mail about two weeks ago -I almost forgot to make a journal entry, sorry for that.
I wasn´t expecting the book, but I´ll try to read it soonish.

Journal Entry 17 by vi0let from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, June 09, 2005

Well, this ring has certainly been very slow-moving and doesn't seem to have any hope of moving faster. Sorry about the delay.

I did try to read the book between my final exams and the university entrance exam but it didn't quite hold my interest. I've PMed LeighBCD for her address but she hasn't answered yet.

Journal Entry 18 by BlossomU on Thursday, August 25, 2005

Relaunching the bookray, list of people interested

• vinyldoll, Portugal
  • Mishka-bookworm, Portugal
  • laranjamarga , Portugal
  • lenore1, Portugal
  • jennifer671, USA

Book is apparently on its way to vinyldoll now, i can add new participants anytime.

Journal Entry 19 by Winterbirth at Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim United Kingdom on Monday, February 22, 2016

Taken out of the Occupational Bookring. Thanks for the pencil vinyldoll.

Journal Entry 20 by Winterbirth at The John Hewitt Bar in Belfast, Co. Antrim United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Released 8 mos ago (4/11/2017 UTC) at The John Hewitt Bar in Belfast, Co. Antrim United Kingdom

Releasing at the BookCrossers NI April meetup.

Journal Entry 21 by GailRogan at Belfast, Co. Antrim United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Caught at the BookcrossingNI meetup

Journal Entry 22 by GailRogan at Lurgan Train Station in Lurgan, Co. Armagh United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (8/30/2017 UTC) at Lurgan Train Station in Lurgan, Co. Armagh United Kingdom

Really enjoyed reading this - Anne Rice is always reliable in producing great stories.
Leaving in Lurgan train station to continue its journey.