corner corner King by Right of Blood and Might

King by Right of Blood and Might
by Anna L. Walls | Literature & Fiction
Registered by abigailann of Wallingford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 4/10/2011

status (set by Diane-Fraser): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by abigailann from Wallingford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 10, 2011

The preface to this book really caught my attention, I was immediately transported into another world- a world that I had not expected at all after seeing the cover. For this is a world in which ordinary people have special powers and being born a king doesn't necessary mean that you know how to do the job. After the exciting and intriguing preface the main book started off slowly. I was craving for some descriptions of the characters that I could get my teeth into and some references as to how the events described in the preface had affected them and made their world different from the medieval one I had expected before starting my read. At moments the vivid descriptions were there, and I found myself hoping for them consistantly. These concerns were dispelled, however, as I got to know the characters more through their actions. Our hero turns out to be quite a complex character with a huge task ahead of him. There was so much story here that it could have filled two or maybe even three books, and sometimes events happened so suddenly that I had to re-read them to check I hadn't missed anything. Overall it was quite an easy read though, which brought me much enjoyment.

Journal Entry 2 by abigailann at a fellow bookcrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (4/30/2011 UTC) at a fellow bookcrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Popped in the post

Journal Entry 3 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, May 07, 2011

Thanks abigailann. I came home today after a holiday in the Lakes to find this book within my post. I got hubbie to take it round to his mums today. Will write another JE once she has read it. I think I will have a go at reading this too. Your write up makes it sound quite appealing.

Will keep you updated with further Journal Entries :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My mum in law thought this book was excellent. She didn't tell me much more but now I know it definately has to go on my TBR pile :)

ETA: 21.05.13 I will be taking this on holiday and will releasing for the BC Olympics, after I have read it of course. Will be back once read :)

ETA 01.06.13 Released as planned - see release notes - managed to read the book on holiday. Not something I was able to read easily, possibly due to 11 other family members milling around. Hope the next person to read this book is able to give it the time it deserves :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Son Bou Gardens in Son Bou, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/1/2013 UTC) at Son Bou Gardens in Son Bou, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain

Welcome to Bookcrossing!

You have found a travelling book. Why not join in the fun? Read, release and pass on but don't forget to write a Journal Entry telling us where you found the book, if you read it what you thought about it and where you are going to leave it. If you join bookcrossing before you do the entry you will get an alert when the next person writes up about it and can track its travels. If you prefer to just leave an Anonymous Journal Entry, it will brighten up my day either way. Oh and if you like the book sooooo much you just don't want to let it go that is fine too, maybe one day eh :)

Enjoy!!

Releasing for the Opening Ceremony of the Bookcrossing Olympics

Let the battle commence!!!!