corner corner The Rebels (Kent Family Chronicles Volume 2)

The Rebels (Kent Family Chronicles Volume 2)
by John Jakes | Literature & Fiction
Registered by bookowl1000 of FoShan, Guangdong China on Thursday, April 07, 2011

status (set by bookowl1000): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by bookowl1000 from FoShan, Guangdong China on Thursday, April 07, 2011

Have you ever held a book and wondered where it had been before you came to own it, or where it will end up once you have finished with it? Well, welcome to the world of bookcrossing.

It would make someones day if you add a journal entry to tell those who had the book before you where you found it. You can remain anonymous if you want to, though if you create a screen name you will be able to get notification each time someone else journals this book.

When you have finished please release the book (and make a journal entry stating where you left it) to let it continue on its journey.

Following this book on its travels can be very fun.

Journal Entry 2 by bookowl1000 at Chepstow, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, April 07, 2011

Book has different cover to the one shown.

The Rebels is a historical novel written by John Jakes, originally published in 1975, the second in a series known as The Kent Family Chronicles or the American Bicentennial Series. The novel mixes fictional characters with historical events and figures, to narrate the story of the nascent United States of America during the time of the American Revolution. While the novel continues the story of Philip Kent, started in The Bastard, a large portion focuses on Judson Fletcher, a newly introduced character, as a different rebel.

The story begins on June 17, 1775, at the Battle of Bunker Hill, in which Philip Kent participates.

Journal Entry 3 by bookowl1000 at Bangkok, (Bangkok) Krung Thep Mahanakhon Thailand on Thursday, April 07, 2011

Found this in a second hand bokshop with on holiday in Chiang Mai. I did a swap for a book I was not enjoying - chose this one as I have read the North and South trilogy, which I enjoyed. I am getting a flight to Vietnam tomorrow, will take it with me and release when I have finished.

Journal Entry 4 by bookowl1000 at A74 Hotel in long beach, Phu Quoc Vietnam on Thursday, April 21, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (4/15/2011 UTC) at A74 Hotel in long beach, Phu Quoc Vietnam

A non brain straining read for while on the beach. Jakes is very good at historical novels. I would like to read the next installment but doubt that I ever will. Left on the book pile next to the computer in the hotels reception area.

If you were lucky enough to find this book please journal it to say where you found it, and then what you thought of it.

When you have finished please release it. Keep its journey alive!