corner corner The House of Special Purpose

The House of Special Purpose
by Boyne, John | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingBoekentrolwing of Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on 4/3/2011

status (set by teachie): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingBoekentrolwing from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Sunday, April 03, 2011

Synopsis:
"Russia, 1915: Sixteen year old farmer's son Georgy Jachmenev steps in front of an assassin's bullet intended for a senior member of the Russian Imperial Family and is instantly proclaimed a hero. Rewarded with the position of bodyguard to Alexei Romanov, the only son of Tsar Nicholas II, the course of his life is changed for ever. Privy to the secrets of Nicholas and Alexandra, the machinations of Rasputin and the events which will lead to the final collapse of the autocracy, Georgy is both a witness and participant in a drama that will echo down the century. Sixty-five years later, visiting his wife Zoya as she lies in a London hospital, memories of the life they have lived together flood his mind. And with them, the consequences of the brutal fate of the Romanovs which has hung like a shroud over every aspect of their marriage..."

Journal Entry 2 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, January 19, 2018

Because the titles of the Dutch and English versions are so different, I accidently picked up another copy of this book. http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/14861759/

No need to read it twice, so this one is free to travel to a new home :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingBoekentrolwing at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Saturday, April 07, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (4/20/2018 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France

At the book buffet.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.

Journal Entry 4 by teachie at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 20, 2018

Picked up today at the book buffet at the Convention. I will journal and release when I have read it.