corner corner The Maltese Baron ... and I Lucian

The Maltese Baron ... and I Lucian
by Francis Ebejer | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Urla of Galway, Co. Galway Ireland on 3/31/2011

status (set by olagorie): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by Urla from Galway, Co. Galway Ireland on Thursday, March 31, 2011

A posthumous novel that can be considered a twin of "Requiem for a Malta Fascist" with which it shares several similarities in terms of theme and style. Both novels treat fascism and the Second World War.

Find a more detailed review in my blog (German only).

This book is part of my "1 year of my life = 1 country = 5 books"-Challenge (5th book for Malta - my 36th country for the challenge).

Journal Entry 2 by Urla at Galway, Co. Galway Ireland on Saturday, April 07, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (4/16/2012 UTC) at Galway, Co. Galway Ireland

On its way to holle77.

Journal Entry 3 by wingholle77wing at Selm, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Arrived, thank you.

Journal Entry 4 by wingholle77wing at Selm, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, May 06, 2012

It was Not to difficult to read the novel in English, though I need a dictionary for some seldom and perhaps antiquated words.
Again, as in "Requiem to a Malta Fascist", there were some interisting themes about Maltese History and the story wasn't bad, but I disliked the characters of the protagonists.

Journal Entry 5 by wingholle77wing at Selm, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, February 16, 2013

Wird olagorie in Leipzig bei der UnCon übergeben.

Journal Entry 6 by wingolagoriewing at Oberursel, Hessen Germany on Monday, May 06, 2013

Und noch eines aus Leipzig. Danke!

Journal Entry 7 by wingolagoriewing at Oberursel, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Oh Gott, was für ein grauenhaftes Buch. Ich habe mich durch die ersten Kapitel gekämpft, aber jetzt verlässt mich die Motivation vollends. Ich glaube, Malta streiche ich.