corner corner Plain Truth

Plain Truth
by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction
Registered by saskiasosmile of Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 3/24/2011

status (set by kobie03): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by saskiasosmile from Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 24, 2011

This story is set in an Amish community.A police investigation into the death of a baby leads to community memebers meeting life outside their own culture. A psycholigical drama unfolds.
I was moved and imprressed by this book.

The cover of the book is different than on the picture

Journal Entry 2 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (2/16/2012 UTC) at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Going to the next reader, for the International Womens' Day Book Exchange.
I hope she enjoys this book.

Journal Entry 3 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Received in the International Women's Day exchange - thank you, saskiaosmile!

Journal Entry 4 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, June 14, 2012

I have heard a lot about this author; she seems to divide opinions. I came away from this book without much of one - I didn't hate this, but it wasn't exactly gripping. The basic concept - a big-city attorney defending an Amish girl accused of infanticide - could have been very interesting, but Picoult never seemed to develop any of the themes as much as they deserved. There was some sloppy writing in there - plot elements introduced a little too early and then presented as a big surprise - and I never quite saw the point in switching between first and third person narratives.

Journal Entry 5 by elstaplador at International Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (6/14/2012 UTC) at International Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

Sending ot the winner of the June International Sweepstake. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by kobie03 at Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Monday, July 30, 2012

Sorry I'm late making this JE, the book arrived sometime in the last 3-4 weeks while I was away on holidays. a nice surprise to come home to.Thank you for the books, card and a cute little plastic ice cream.